Name check help!!!

ping Lu

Registered Users (C)
My name check(security check) is pending, My RD is 07/2002(CHINA-EB3), senator office can not help with this, they helped me contact to INS, but no way to contact FBI,
I sent Fax to FBI inquire yesterday.
My question: Does everybody get resonse back (two -three weeks)? Does everybody get all positive response? is anybody get "pending" response, I read threads always said it's done, If it's not done yet, Do FBI send response back.
Last question, response by Fax, mail or email ????

Thank you for sharing info!
Ping

ping Lu said:
My name check(security check) is pending, My RD is 07/2002(CHINA-EB3), senator office can not help with this, they helped me contact to INS, but no way to contact FBI,
I sent Fax to FBI inquire yesterday.
My question: Does everybody get resonse back (two -three weeks)? Does everybody get all positive response? is anybody get "pending" response, I read threads always said it's done, If it's not done yet, Do FBI send response back.
Last question, response by Fax, mail or email ????

Thank you for sharing info!
Ping
NSC JIT date is only Jan 15, 2002.

So I doubt if you can get back anything useful if you contact Senator etc. You'll get the standard response - " You need to wait atleast 30 days after JIT crosses your application dates"

It's no too early, I have serval co-worker get ref

It's no two early, I have serval co-worker got ref last week, I contacted senator and Congressman office, they are very nice, call th INS infront of me, get detail about my case,my name check was sent at Sept. last year, still pending, and INS will no request further, check rupnet.com the NSC is working on may/June/July/Augest.

Please info needed

ping,
can u provide me the format of the fax that you sent to FBI inquiring about your name check. My status states that the FP results were received, but does not mention about name check.
I want to send a fax to the FBI asking about the name check status since name check takes a longer time.
Also, when calling the 202-324-2399 number, do u choose Option1 (visa matter) or Option2 ( immigration matter) or 3 (Other). If I choose opion2, the recording asks me to give the A#. Which number is this for me who is applying for GC?
Thanks

Hi,

I faxed my name check request to 202-324-3367(F) on May 26th 2004 with the following information:

Name, DOB, A# and email address.

I received a response yesterday on 6/28/04.

They just say whether it was completed and when they sent the information to the service center.

I also called but never recieved a response. SO I would suggest faxing.

Best of luck.

please tell us you received FBI response by email,phone or fax.

thanks!

NYB said:
Hi,

I faxed my name check request to 202-324-3367(F) on May 26th 2004 with the following information:

Name, DOB, A# and email address.

I received a response yesterday on 6/28/04.

They just say whether it was completed and when they sent the information to the service center.

I also called but never recieved a response. SO I would suggest faxing.

Best of luck.

I had sent fax and called FBI a few times and finally got a letter from FBI a few weeks later confirming that the name check results for my wife and I were sent back to INS on DEC 02, after my first FP.

what is the email address for name check inquiry

To what email address should I send the name check status inquiry and to whom should I address it to?

Name Check? When?

I am a bit newer than many of you, so please educate me a little bit about this name check thing.

I had my FP done in May. Now my question is:

1) Is there any kind time frame when I expect NSC to ask for name check? 3 months? 6 months? 1 year? or completely arbitrary?

2) If NSC issues name check, will I get a notice for that? or I am not going to hear anything from it?

Thank you, and wish you all get approved soon.

EB3, MI
I485 RD: 06/26/03
I485 ND: 06/30/03
FP: 05/11/04

I never got a response to my telephonic inquiry placed mid-April. However, FBI responded by email mid june to my Fax inquiry of mid May that they received a request from USCIS in Dec 03, and that it is still pending.

name check FBI

do any one know how to contact FBI name chk dept via email?
I have tried to contact them on FBI # 202-324-2399 & Fax: to 202-324-3367
but no luck. Its more then a month I have sent them faxes but also I am waiting for my security clearance since April 5, 2004.

ANy idea how long it would take? I applied from Canada-Ottawa coz i am a landed immigrant and i am a citizen of Pakistan

NYB,
What is the email address to which you sent a request for inquiry into the name check status? Would appreciate very much your or anybody else's response with the email address.

I do not think there is a email address for name check. You can call them or fax them requesting for it. It seems the FAX route is better one.

However, when you FAX the request, if you give your email address, then they will email you the status. So it is YOUR email address that will be helpful for them to send the info.

In my case, I received the status by postal mail from FBI. In some other cases, FBI also calls you to inform your status.

-sk

Help from you

ping Lu said:
It's no two early, I have serval co-worker got ref last week, I contacted senator and Congressman office, they are very nice, call th INS infront of me, get detail about my case,my name check was sent at Sept. last year, still pending, and INS will no request further, check rupnet.com the NSC is working on may/June/July/Augest.

Hi, ping:

I am China EB3 too. Wish everything is going well with your case. Can you tell me how to contact Sentor or Congress office for help in inquiring the case status?

Thanks in advance

Zli

no response from FBI

I called FBI name check end of April, no reply. So I sent fax inquiry with my e-mail address and phone number end of May, still no response.
I'm a little bit concerned.
Anyone in the same boat?

how to contact Sentor or congress

zli1014 said:
Hi, ping:

I am China EB3 too. Wish everything is going well with your case. Can you tell me how to contact Sentor or Congress office for help in inquiring the case status?

Thanks in advance

Zli

I searched my state congressman and senator in google.com, there is website for every congressman and senator like http://xxxxx.senate.gov/Information/offices/offices.htm, and follow the instruction.

security clearance and security advisory opinion

are these the same: security clearance, security advisory opinion, name check? I had my H1B visa interview at Dhaka consulate and he said he would need to wait for the advisory opinion? Otherwise, the interview was successful. I am actually returning to the US. What did he mean? What stage am I at now? Should I go ahead and apply for my wofe's H4 now while I am waiting? Will she have to go through this too? She is returning to US also. Any comments/suggestions are welcome. thanks.