Name check cleared before FP?

montage9

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

Thanks to all who post on this forum. It is very informative. Here is my situation. I filed for naturalization with below dates

1)Mail N-400 - 05/07/07 (Fedex Overnight) to CSC Laguna Niguel

2)Fedex delivery confirmation - 05/08/07

3)05/26/07 - got NOA (notice of action) with PD as 05/08/07

4)No further communication from USCIS after that

5)Check online case status - it said "case received and pending" and had a date of May16th on notice of action

5)07/03/07 - set up INFOPASS at SJ DO - The officer looked at my case and said "FBI Name check cleared" and asked me to wait for further notice from USCIS

Is this normal, i.e FBI name check coming through before Finger printing?. Typically how long is it before FP is done?.

Thank you.
-montage9

very strange, i have not heard of namecheck cleared before fingerprinting, but then you never know. You are dealing with uscis.

FBI can complete the name check before FB, however name check is jjust one of the background check items. They still have to run your finger prints.

Just out of curiosity, Your case is just 2 months old. Why did you schedule an INFOPASS?

Hi All,

Thanks to all who post on this forum. It is very informative. Here is my situation. I filed for naturalization with below dates

1)Mail N-400 - 05/07/07 (Fedex Overnight) to CSC Laguna Niguel

2)Fedex delivery confirmation - 05/08/07

3)05/26/07 - got NOA (notice of action) with PD as 05/08/07

4)No further communication from USCIS after that

5)Check online case status - it said "case received and pending" and had a date of May16th on notice of action

5)07/03/07 - set up INFOPASS at SJ DO - The officer looked at my case and said "FBI Name check cleared" and asked me to wait for further notice from USCIS

Is this normal, i.e FBI name check coming through before Finger printing?. Typically how long is it before FP is done?.

Thank you.
-montage9

Hello,
namecheck is only one more check that is conducted by USCIS before your file is ready for adjudication. as you can see in my signature , my name check was completed before FP. There is also a IBIS check that is very fast. So, if you have cleared Name Check, that is great news! Congratulations and wait for the best! My best regards to you all.