Name change

Dr.

Registered Users (C)
Hello All:
Need your inputs.
I'm done with N400 interview.
Officer hv included my middlename based on my Birth certificate in my N400 apps.
So, I hv first,middle,last name that will appear in my nat certificate.
When applying for my US passport, can i go with first and last name, dropping middle name or should I include middle name too.
But in my Indian passport, I hv first and last name, no middle name.
Pls advise best option in above scenario.
Help is appreciated.
Regards.

Hi Dr.,
You need to fill in your name as it will appear on naturalization certificate for your passport with copy of that certificate as proof.

In my naturalization certificate I have my First name, Middle name, Paternal last name and maternal last name. Its going to be tough to fit all that in aboarding pass...

Hello All:
Need your inputs.
I'm done with N400 interview.
Officer hv included my middlename based on my Birth certificate in my N400 apps.
So, I hv first,middle,last name that will appear in my nat certificate.
When applying for my US passport, can i go with first and last name, dropping middle name or should I include middle name too.
But in my Indian passport, I hv first and last name, no middle name.
Pls advise best option in above scenario.
Help is appreciated.
Regards.
Man, you seriously need to fix your "a" and "e" buttons on your keyboard :D It took me several minutes to figure out what "hv" stands for.

To answer your question - no, you may not. US passport (unlike Canadian passport) serves as a proof of legal name, so it cannot contain nicknames, abbreviations, etc. If you did not want to have a middle name, you could fill out the name change field during the interview and leave the new middle name blank. Now, it is too late.