Name Change

Flyer729

Registered Users (C)
My wife is a USC. We filed all the forms using her maiden name, but she recently changed her name to my last name. What should I do? Do I have to contact USCIS about this change? I want to have everything clear when the interview comes.

Also, we just move to a new city. I called to change our addresses and filed the required change of address forms for both my wife and myself. But I didn't change the address for our I-130. I called the customer service and the lady told me that it was not necessary since it was already approved. Is this ok?

Thanks,

Flyer729 said:
My wife is a USC. We filed all the forms using her maiden name, but she recently changed her name to my last name. What should I do? Do I have to contact USCIS about this change? I want to have everything clear when the interview comes.

Also, we just move to a new city. I called to change our addresses and filed the required change of address forms for both my wife and myself. But I didn't change the address for our I-130. I called the customer service and the lady told me that it was not necessary since it was already approved. Is this ok?

Thanks,

Don't contact them, it's not that important. If she wants her green card to be with her new name, just tell them that on interview.
About change of adress - same thing. They automatically update that info on all your pending staff, when you file AR-11 and call.

Dani said:
Don't contact them, it's not that important. If she wants her green card to be with her new name, just tell them that on interview.
About change of adress - same thing. They automatically update that info on all your pending staff, when you file AR-11 and call.

His wife is a USC...

To the OP: Sponsor should also file I-865 everytime address changes.