Name change - why_me

whyme

Registered Users (C)
yeah I know I got you all excited, but I am afraid I am going to disappoint you all. You see, she put me on hold twice and the second time she came back on her voice was very muffled and no matter how hard I tried it was very hard to discern some words she said. But neverthless I will try to produce the gist of what I understood.
She mentioned the law that was signed into effect in October last year.
Her: "we used to reqest an I140 redo whenever there was a change of employer. But a new law was singed into effect in October, and after the Bush administration came into offcie early this year ........(totally undiscernable) .... so we no longer hold these cases". Then I asked her, "so my case has really been assigned to an officer and it is not waiting for anything". She said Yes.

My details (expanded) again:

EB2, India
PD: 6/98
RD, ND: 9/99
FP: 7/2000
RFE: 11/2000

My I 485 and I 140 have the same employer name, but the reponse to RFE (employment letter) had the changed employer name.

I wouldn\'t be too excited until somebody else can verify this. Secondly, we should definitely go on ahead, form a group and try to solve this impasse. I wonder why nobody has suggested so far, but I think we can hook into ISN.org since they already are an established organization fighting for immigrants\' cause.