Name change Question

Frank1980

Hi,

During my interview, I have requested my name changed. I filled out some documents, and the officer told me that my name will be changed.

Today I received my N-445 oath ceremony letter, and the name on there is still not changed.

Should I be worried? Would the name be changed on the certificate? When does the change happen?

thank you!

The name change has to be done in court and since that hasn't happened, no name change yet. Once that happened, you have it on your certificate and then you can start running around change all your credit cards, driver's license etc, since your old name won't be valid any longer.

The name change has to be done in court and since that hasn't happened, no name change yet. Once that happened, you have it on your certificate and then you can start running around change all your credit cards, driver's license etc, since your old name won't be valid any longer.

from my understanding there is a field on the N400 document asking if I want my name changed. Since I checked yes and filled out the new name, during my interview the officer asked me to complete more documents. no court is required for the naturalization name change, from what the officer told me. I am just confused in when the actual process is completed, shouldn't I receive the letter of oath ceremony under my new name?

How would the postal service know it's you?

AFTER the name change is completed you will enjoy enough run-a-round.

from my understanding there is a field on the N400 document asking if I want my name changed. Since I checked yes and filled out the new name, during my interview the officer asked me to complete more documents. no court is required for the naturalization name change, from what the officer told me. I am just confused in when the actual process is completed, shouldn't I receive the letter of oath ceremony under my new name?

Your name has not changed yet. It won't change until the Oath ceremony. Hence the letter in your old name.

no court is required for the naturalization name change, from what the officer told me.
An actual court room is not required, but a court official must oversee the name change and USCIS will file some paperwork with the court to make your name change official.

During the ceremony, the judge will decree that a court has been set up "here" by the power vested in him/her. When the ceremony is over, the judge will likewise dismiss the court. And some marching and flag hoisting is done prior to and after the ceremony.

An actual court room is not required, but a court official must oversee the name change and USCIS will file some paperwork with the court to make your name change official.

Name Change

My wife attended interview in october 08 and requested for a name change and did not get oath letter yet. We have travel plans in May and not sure if we can book our tickets. Any advice is appreciated.

Frank1980 which service center did you apply?