Name Change Question ?

FinalstepN400

Registered Users (C)
I had my interview on May 29th and I passed it. I put a request for the name change on my N400. During the whole interview, the officer only asked me if i still want to have my name changed and i said yes. And that's about it. On my oath letter, it still have my current name, not the new one. I just want to know should officer issue me some kind of paper work during the interview and states that my name has been changed or this is normal.

CSC, Los Angeles DO
1/7/2007: App Malied
1/9/2007: App Received
1/9/2007: Priority Date
1/26/2007: FP Notice Rcd
2/10/2007: FP Date (Rosemead)
4/2/2007: Interview Notice Rcd
5/29/2007: Interview Date, Passed (Downtown LA)
5/29/2007 : Notice of Oath Ceremony Rcd, given on the spot
6/22/2007: Oath Ceremony (LA Convention Center)
6/22/2007: Passport Will be Applied
?????????: Passport Received

did you sign with new name

the officer should have made you sign your photos with the new name. Your naturalization certificate comes with your new name and you also get a certificate signed by the naturalization judge that states that your name was changed. So the name change is official as soon as you take the citizenship oath (not before).

the officer should have made you sign your photos with the new name. Your naturalization certificate comes with your new name and you also get a certificate signed by the naturalization judge that states that your name was changed. So the name change is official as soon as you take the citizenship oath (not before).

Yes, he did mention to sign my new name on the photo. So I think i am fine as right now, as long as the certificate under my new name. thanks for your reply.