Name change during N400 filing or at interview?

brokenarrow

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

We are filing for the Citizenship in about a month. My wife wants to change her last to that of mine. Which is better? Mention now that she wants a name change or can she do it at the interview? Is the second one an option at all?

Also is it ok to send full color photocopies of Greencard with the application. A guy at Kinko's once told me that it is not legal to make a full color photocopy of the passport (really?!!).

Thanks.

The way I understand it...it is not legal to make a copy without authority. By requesting a copy of your green card when you file for N400, or I90 (replacement for lost green card) they are giving you authority to make a copy.

Hi,

We are filing for the Citizenship in about a month. My wife wants to change her last to that of mine. Which is better? Mention now that she wants a name change or can she do it at the interview? Is the second one an option at all?

Also is it ok to send full color photocopies of Greencard with the application. A guy at Kinko's once told me that it is not legal to make a full color photocopy of the passport (really?!!).

Thanks.

Unless you have compelling reasons to hold off on the request, I would make your request know on Form N-400.

Hi, I have changed my name the day of the interview, my oth ceremony was yestarday and the Citizenship Certificate comes with my new name.
good luck .

Thanks for the replies. For the name change my only criteria is to choose the one that gets it done faster. Looks like mentioning in the app now is better. Will there any issues with OCI letr on? Her current passport has her maiden name,