Name change cases - may be good news

whyme

Registered Users (C)
I spoke to an IIO this morning about my case (details below). She said that my case has been assigned to an
officer on 27th of March and added that my case is in the pipe line. Interesting thing is that, mine is also a
company name change case. She went on ahead and said that "these cases (name change) are not on hold
anymore". when I asked her whether they received guidelines as to how they should process these, she didn\'t
say anything directly but gave me a long explanation of why they held them before and not anymore. So, at the
end I asked her again whether my case has really been assigned to an officer and she vehemetly said yes.

I don\'t want to get you guys too much exicited, but this could be good news. In any case, my fingers are crossed.

EB2, India
PD: 6/98
ND, RD: 9/99
FP: 7/2000
RFE for employment letter(rec\'vd back at INS): 11/2000

P.S: I am only able to post "new" discussions, I guess because of my browser.

No Title

why_me,

could you please confirm if your 140 and 485 had different employer names ?
and also as 485GUY asked, please provide details as to why they are not
on hold anymore.

Thanks

No Title

Oh My, why_me, why_torture_us ? I have been unable to get through to VSC since morning after reading your posting. Could you plplplplease
post more about it ( of course you might have had a short conversation ).

Is there anyone out there who received similar info. from VSC ?!

No Title

Hi All,

I wish from the bottom of my heart that this info is true. However unfortunately there is no one else who has similar info to confirm this. Yesterday I spoke to a person at a senator\'s office who said that there is no sure date as to when the regulations would come. Probably mid May but again no one knows for sure. Which makes one wonder why VSC suddenly would change now....

We will try calling VSC again - it is really difficult to get thru...And if there is any info I will post. If anyone else is able to get any info..either way pl let us know.

Good Luck to All.

No Title

Actually, I think it is all upto VSC. Couple of times when I talked HQ people they were surprised ( or appreared to be ) that VSC should put company name change cases on hold. I was told that if it is just company name change and the old law is not unfavourable to your case there is no reason for VSC to put it on hold. However if the applying the old law is not favorable to your case, VSC might be putting your case on hold to give you the benefit of the new law. OF course per the old law all the VSC was really doing was asking for RFEs for amended I140.
Anyway, I think it is VSC which has / had taken the decision to put these cases on hold ( all the while pointing to HQ ). So if they suddenly did remove the hold it wouldn\'t surprise me, because it was their choice to begin with.
I was also told ( as I mentioned in my previous posting ) that HQ has also given VSC the guidelines though not yet officially released them.
God only knows who is telling the truth and who is trying to confuse us and for what reason ?
Just thought will share this with all of you guys to add more ripples to the already turbulent water.

No Title

You are absolutely right vsc_on_hold. I got similar answers when I called HQ. I think HQ explanation makes better sense. I have freinds who applied in CSC with similar company name changes. They are still getting RFEs for I-140 redo. So if CSC is doing that it is an indication that there is no HQ hold on such cases.

Only CSC is putting such cases on hold. Who is behind this or what is the logic I don\'t know. Fact is we did not need the benefit of new law to get our cases approved. It could be approved by following existing regulations. We need to bring this up to the attention of Senators and INS higher ups.

No Title

I posted another discussion under "name change - why_me" at around 4.30 pm. I described my conversation with the IIO and also answered the questions some of you asked.
While at work I can only post new discussions but at home I seem to be able to reply also, it is the same browser but different platforms.

No Title

I am under similar situation company name changed after I 485 . We got an rfe asking pay stubs and employment letter.
we applied for proactive I 140(amended I140) 3 months ago but did not hear any thing .If we send the rfe with this proactively filed I140 do u think they would approve it .
They are not approving the amended I140 and they are not approving the cases with company name changes what are we supposed to do?

No Title

How about DC metro area residents going personally to INS HQ and talk to somebody collectively about this problem?

No Title

I am in the same boat. My I-140 amend is not being approved and I dont have my GC yet.

No Title

I think its a VERY GOOD idea 485GUY, keep us posted if any body implements it. Please continue to think creative and post your ideas.