Name change after submitting the application

kulam

Registered Users (C)
Is it possible to still change my name as I did not specified name change in my N400 application Question D part 1.

If it is possible would it delay my N400 processing. I would NOT need this name change if it would delay my N400 processing.

Please let me know.

Yes it is possible. During your interview the officer would go over the application and you can request a name change at that time.

As for delaying the process, it depends what is your District Office?

Since I am having my finger print in El Monte, CA ASC. Probably I will have interview in El Monte ASC. Is that a true statement.

If it is El Monte, CA CIS office do they have the authority to do a name change.
If so, would it delay the N400 processing.

Please let me know.

JoeF said:
Interviews are not in the ASCs, but in the DO or one of the sub offices. There is no sub office in El Monte. So, the interview would be in either the LA DO or the Santa Ana DO, and there, name changes certainly aren't a problem. I didn't indicate a name change on the N-400, either, and told the officer at the interview that I wanted a name change. That was in Santa Ana.

No, USCIS local office, which deals with naturalization applications only for Los Angeles area, is in El Monte.
"kulam" if you belong to that office, at the interview, will not be any problem to request the name change along with naturalization.