rabeeyeah

Hi. So I'm an LPR and I delivered abroad and brought my baby with me on my first arrival (NA3). The IO apparently filled out and application for the baby and gave me her passport with the I551 and admission stamp on it. However, there's no A# or receipt number for her. I later found out that I was supposed to receive a memorandum of creation of record which I didn't get.
Fast forward to 3 months later, I haven't received the green card. On contacting the USCIS, I was told that the baby's record doesn't exist in their system. Further, I can't file an I90 as I don't have an A# for the baby. I am lost as to what I'm supposed to do next? Anyone else in the same boat who could give me something hopeful/helpful?

Hi I hope you are doing well?

We are in a similar position. We entered for the first time with an Immigrant Visa with our new born. I asked for our baby’s A-number at the port of entry but they told us that it would all be sent out by USCIS. We contacted USCIS and have just been told they have no record of our son’s receipt notice on their system.

Did you get your issue fixed? It would be great to hear from you if so.

Hi. Yes, I ended up going to the CBP deferred inspection site and it turned out they had never sent out the application to USCIS when we entered. Grateful for the officer who took care of my case personally. He traced our file and forwarded it to the USCIS. I also requested for assistance from our congressman and I believe that also helped speed up the process a little bit. Its been 10 months since our admission now and her green card is finally in the production stage. Fingers crossed.

I know it can be so stressful. Hope everything works out for you guys!

Hello,
Thanks so much for your reply. It’s fantastic to hear you and your family got everything sorted out. Hopefully we’ll be fine also, I’ll let you know when we are.

All the very best with everything!

Hello,
I hope you are well settled in the US now and all is well with you and your family. I said I would come back to you as our baby got their Green Card in January of this year. I spoke with the CBP at our port of entry about trying to get their A number but was told they could no longer retrieve it as the application had definitely been sent to USCIS. I was told it was probably sitting on their desk somewhere. The officer actually said sorry that they hadn't given me our baby's A number and that he would advise his staff to give it our in the case of NA3 visas from no on. They were very polite and listened to our story thankfully but couldn't do much more and advised it just had to go through the system.
So we just had to wait. We tried to get him a social security number but couldn't as we had no A number. We were advised to get a lawyer as they may speed things up. I was going to work with one if it didn't arrive by March. But thankfully it was sent out at the end of December and arrived at the start of January safe and sound. We also didn't have to pay the USCIS Immigrant fee we had paid for our own which was a bonus.
Hopefully this might help anyone reading this in a similar situation.
All the best!