N600 - What Documents Needed?

rkchi

Registered Users (C)
My wife & I are both US citizens an our son (who is less than 14) has also recieved his US passport. Now we are in the process of applying for his Certificate of Naturalization using the N600.

I am a bit confused as to what documents are needed to be sent with the N600. I would appreciate if someone could give me some information based on their own experience.

I am applying for the N600 to the Chicago DO.

Thanks

My wife & I are both US citizens an our son (who is less than 14) has also recieved his US passport. Now we are in the process of applying for his Certificate of Naturalization using the N600.

I am a bit confused as to what documents are needed to be sent with the N600. I would appreciate if someone could give me some information based on their own experience.

I am applying for the N600 to the Chicago DO.

Thanks
It's been a couple of years now, but what I remember was that I just followed the directions on the form and in the instructions. They were not that complicated if I remember correctly. What is confusing you?

The instructions (www.uscis.gov/files/form/N-600instr.pdf) seem pretty clear.

I think it is confusing, because depending on the case more or less documents need to be sent. I think for a minor who becomes a citizen under the child citizenship act (your likely case) it should be (if my memory serves me well), copy of naturalization certificate of parent/s, birth certificate, copy of green card, three passport pictures (there is a discrepancy between webpage and the instructions), marriage certificate (I didn't do this one). Some people also add school records (I didn't do it). Documents need to be translated to English. If they already have some of the documents from previous USCIS filings they might ask for the file so you can avoid sending new copies (this might delay processing). This is all explained on the instructions.