N600 & Passport Application with FNU

drmzakhan

Hello there everyone,

Have a query and would highly appreciate any responses.

I recently became a naturalized citizen. I have 2 kids under the age of 10 who are LPR and they automatically become citizen with me and I can apply for their passports and naturalization.

They were born in India, hence their birth certificates are from India and their passport came with blank surname and at the time of immigration they were gifted with "FNU" on their green cards as surname on passport was not printed.

Now the problem here is I want to apply for their Citizenship N600 and DS-11 for their passport and would NOT like to have FNU on either one of them.

If I apply for their passport I would have to submit their green cards at the time of application and I am thinking that Department of State will take the name from Green Card regardless of what I type on the DS-11 application and will print the same on the passport "FNU, Will Smith" rather than Last Name Smith, First Name Will.

If I submit the N600 it is going to take some months and they will get their Citizenship Certificates - again with "FNU, Will Smith" rather than Last Name Smith, First Name Will as it is to my understanding that less than 13 years do not have to take the oath hence they will never get the opportunity to change or split their name accurately at the time of Oath Ceremony as they wont be required to attend one.

How do I get this curse of FNU go away from their names so that in the future they curse me :).

Thank you for your patience.

Any thoughts? Comments? and Advise from people who have been through this or have knowledge about this in the past would be really really appreciated.

Thank you.