N600: Naturalization Certificate Photo Copy OK?

gabbar007

Registered Users (C)
While filing for N600, is it OK to take photo copy of parent's Naturalization certificate and submit it with the application? Does it need to notarized?

Also, for other documents like Birth Certificate (foreign country), Marriage certificate, do we just submit a photo copy, or do we need to get it notarized. Application says certified copies, I am not sure what exactly that means.

Please respond, I need to submit the application in the next couple of days.

-g

It should state in the instructions if a photocopy is valid or not. For instance for the N-400 it states a photocopy of your Green Card is acceptable. For the passport it states the original copy of your Naturalization Certificate. So look in the instructions for the exact details. They will be mentioned in there...

Last edited by a moderator:
It should state in the instructions if a photocopy is valid or not. For instance for the N-400 it states a photocopy of your Green Card is acceptable. For the passport it states the original copy of your Naturalization Certificate. So look in the instructions for the exact details. They will be mentioned in there...

Thanks warlord. It is not clearly mentioned.

Can someone who filed the N600, answer it for me, PLEASE.

Just copies please. If they ask for the interview then they can see the original.
Never send any Original.

PhotoCopy of Naturalization Certificate, Punishable?

Just copies please. If they ask for the interview then they can see the original.
Never send any Original.

Thanks wireless1.

Are we allowed to take photocopy of Naturalization Certificate? Some one noted that it is not allowed and punishable offence?

Anybody attach a photocopy of Naturalization certificate with N600 application?

Thanks warlord. It is not clearly mentioned.

Pg. 3 of the N-600 under "What Documents Must You Submit?" left column under Note.

Do not send an original Certificate of Citizenship or Certificate of Naturalization. USCIS may request that you present original documents at the interview.

So only send a photocopy in the mail with the application and only bring the original to the interview...

Don't send them the original. The process is a USCIS process - meaning it can last an indefinite amount of time. It's hard enough to part with that certificate when applying for an expedited passport. I can't imagine having to send the original with an N-600

We followed the instructions and sent a copy.

My father received one time from USCIS written decision that he can copy as many time this certificate if he must send it to ANY US Federal/Local government in the USA or to any US Consulate/Embassy. There is also note that US Army don't need any authorization anytime from DHS to copy this certificate. This letter also stayed he can't provide copy of this certificate to any foreign government agency or for private issues.