N600 in 45 days

anghor

We had applied N600 for our 10 year old daughter on the 1 st of last month. On the 3-12-07, we dropped off my daughter's GC and asked about our case. The lady officer told us to come back the next day to talk to the lady who took care of our case. Yesterday we went there and surprisingly received her cert of citizenship. Now we will apply for her ssn# and her passport in 2-3 days.Our DO is South Portland, Maine. very fast and nice people there.

Lucky you! Congrats. We submitted ours (for our 17 year old daughter) last June. I'm still looking forward to hearing from the Dallas DO. She turns 18 tomorrow - I'm told this won't screw things up. Right now, my main concern is that this all gets settled before she heads off to University in the late summer.

What did you do to "drop of my daughter's GC"? Did they tell you to come in, or did you just get an InfoPass and show up.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why it takes 9 months to decide that someone with a US Passport is a citizen (we applied for the passport before we submitted the N-600, and we included a photocopy of the main page with the application).

Flydog,

Why do you need the N600 certificate, if you already have a US passport for your daughter. Will the US passport alone be not sufficient, if your children turns 18 or attend the university here?.

Appreciate your explanation.

Thanks,
Pals.

Passports expire, get lost, etc. Citizenship certs never expire, and because you almost never need to use them, they can easily be locked away for safe keeping.

As it stands, my daughter's citizenship traces itself back to my wife's natz cert (my processing was delayed, so my wife took the oath 5 or 6 months before me). I think that with my daughter about to begin the start of a "life on her own", she should have her own "root document" to prove her nationality.

The complication of university isn't that it's university, it's that it's not here in Dallas. If the USCIS delays much longer, then when the Dallas DO sends the "interview" letter, my daughter will be a several hour plane ride away and we'll need to reschedule things even further.

I just want to get to the point where I *never* have to deal with the USCIS again - that will be a great day.

I just want to get to the point where I *never* have to deal with the USCIS again - that will be a great day.

I thought I'd already reached that point, but my elderly mother just decided she wants to come live here for a few years. Not so surprising you may think, but she's been telling me ever since we first moved stateside that she never wanted to LIVE here. Funny how a grandkid changes everything...

Like Flydog, I am also waiting on my kids certificate from Dallas office. The dates are moving but no response received. It is very difficult to track as we do not have any receipt number etc.

Please let us know how and why did you decided to drop off the GCs.

Thanks

Fruit Lover:

If you take an infopass and bring that little cash register receipt with you, they can look up the status of your N-600 application in the Dallas DO. Of course all they'll tell you is that it is in process.

In my particular case (I took an info pass last Friday), they told me that someone "had reviewed the file in February", but they couldn't tell me what that meant. Since our N-600 is now nearly 6 months behind the "processing dates" on the USCIS web site I was becoming nervous that they'd lost it.

I'll try to get around to posting my infopass experience over the weekend (in one word, "frustrating").

Sorry to reply you late.The reason that we dropped off my daughter ' GC at the DO because we had received a letter from them asking us to send it back to the DO. Since we planed a trip for Canada in april, we were thinking about asking them to stamp her passport for us. we did not know that they had her cert.ready in moment they sent us their letter.We did not need to go through another interview either.So, we are for real done with the immigration. Hope all of you get good news soon.