N600 application, help needed

lc973nj

I just got my citizenship and I am going to file N600 for my child (10 yrs ago, born abroad). But I don't see there is a section for name change in N600 form as it is in N400.
My question : Does N600 process also include an interview for the child or parents ? If yes, can I require a petition of name change for my child during the interview ? Or how to change child's name as a part of naturalization?

Thank you for advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I read abother thread earlier today that mentioned you do not even need to bother with N-600 and can simply submit a passport application.

Since neither N-600 or passport help with name change, I suspect you need to follow the regular judicial name change route.

My wife will have ceremony this Monday. While I stuck in Name Check she will apply on behalf of our child using N600 soon after the ceremony. Yes, our child could get her passport together with my wife but we want her to have naturalization certificate too as good evidence of citizenship.

You can certainly do that, it just costs more to get N-600 first.

Once one of you gets naturalized, your child's citizenship is derived from the parent(s) nat. certificate and the child's birth certificate. The only reason I could think of getting N-600 is if you were not going to get a passport and wanted to 'lock in' citizenship in case the child citizenship laws changed.

...Of course, ultimately its up to you :)

Congrats to the wife for her upcoming oath. My wife takes hers on Aug 5, and I was done last Friday.