N400 - when do I file

sunny narayan

Registered Users (C)
I have been going through the messages and I find myself more curious as to when do I file for my application?

My physical green card date is first week of Sep 2001. I have never travelled out of the country except for about three weeks to India in April 2002.

My guess originally was I could file 90 days before Sep 2006 because it will be five years at that time. But some messages indicate that continuous residence of three years or more I can file the application - so am I eligible to file right away? or am I eligible only in 2006?

Your input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sunny Narayan

It depends.
Are you married to a USC?
If yes, have you been married to him/her for at least 3 years?
If yes, has your USC spouse been a USC for at least 3 years?
If yes, then you are ready to apply!

Nope - I am not married to USC. My wife is also on the GC and she was on my application and she it the same time as me. thanks for the response

sunny narayan said:
Nope - I am not married to USC. My wife is also on the GC and she was on my application and she it the same time as me. thanks for the response

then you will be eligile to apply your citizenship 5 years - 90 days as of the date you offically became PR in US.

there has some posts regarding a mismatch "PR date" on the green card and on I-485. pls verify it if it is the case to you. if PR date mismatches your GC card and I-485. I-485 is the offical confirmed date which you should go by.