N400 Timeline

sresan

Registered Users (C)
I have an option to relocate to a place where the N400 processing is fast. Can someone name the best and worst places for N400 processing?

Thanks,
Sresan

Houston Do is being good these days. Mine would be done (next wednesday) in 4 months and 19 days. I think that is fast. San Antonio, TX and Baltimore MD are supposed to be super fast. You may complete Oath in less than 4 months. Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep in mind, as others here have pointed out to me, that transferring your paperwork could also cause delays- or worse, your app could get lost in the shuffle :eek: This is what ultimately made me and my husband (who is waiting to be naturalized) decide to stay in Atlanta and wait it out.

sresan said:
I have an option to relocate to a place where the N400 processing is fast. Can someone name the best and worst places for N400 processing?

Thanks,
Sresan

A friends timeline in Dallas DO - from filing to interview (3 months)

i don't think san antonio is fast. we applied in Jan (PD 26th) still did not recieve for the finger prints even. so it looks like they are not fast after all

That is just a month and a few days. You may want to wait a little longer before categorizing them as slow.

If I understand this process correctly, fingerprinting is scheduled by Service center and not the San Antonio DO. Only after that your "A" file is transfered to the local DO and you are scheduled for an interview. Gurus, correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heck, i waited 3 months exactly before i got my fingerprinting notice. It was a routine thing in Memphis DO. it's not considered slow , at least not that slow!!

One thing I have learnt the hard way about the CIS (i.e. INS) is processing times for one's case are a crapshoot. I relocated several years ago partly for job opportunity partly for faster processing. But it did not work out in my favor as far as processing times were concerned. So unless the DO in your region is really really slow or you have other good reasons for moving, you may want to reconsider relocating to take advantage of processing times. Just my two cents worth! Good luck with your application.

Mahesh