N400 spouses with different address. Help much needed!

bobbis

Hey guys I have a question!!
Wifey and I won DV lottery and moved here a while back. We both have 10 year green card for more than 5 years now and looking to file for citizenship. We both gat into schools in different states and we have been commuting back and forth. we both have established residency in these states. Can we file in our respective states or do we have to have a single address before filling?
Thanks

Hey guys I have a question!!
Wifey and I won DV lottery and moved here a while back. We both have 10 year green card for more than 5 years now and looking to file for citizenship. We both gat into schools in different states and we have been commuting back and forth. we both have established residency in these states. Can we file in our respective states or do we have to have a single address before filling?
Thanks
Lets pretend im the IO

Husband and wife came to america on the Dv lottery,but now live in different states .

Applying for N400 opens up a can of worms if you guys dont actually live together.

If its a bonafide Marriage you have nothing to worry about but if not, It would be very easy for a rookie IO to see it as so.

Yeah I do see your point. Lived together for 2 years, gat into med school in two different states and always filed joint taxes. so what will you advise we do at this point?
Trying to avoid spending money if we can just do it right.

Yeah I do see your point. Lived together for 2 years, gat into med school in two different states and always filed joint taxes. so what will you advise we do at this point?
Trying to avoid spending money if we can just do it right.
File in your Respective states because thats what USCIS requires.

Can of worms just means they will dig into your lives a little deeper .

Based on what you said . You shouldnt have any troubles even with the extra scrutiny.

Dont forget to walk with your tax returns!! Good luck