N400 Sacramento Family Based

sean1980

Registered Users (C)
Hey guys,

I have followings dates as below for Y2006:
Aug 01: Submitted form N400
Aug 14: Letter for Finger print
Aug 17: LUD
Aug 20: Finger prints taken at sacramento d.o.

I have not received my interview letter yet, i got my green card as on marriage based to USC. Is there any one with similar timeline,or with any suggestion, or can explain the procedure after finerprint for me to follow up, pls do let me. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
sean1980 said:
Hey guys,

I have not received my interview letter yet, i got my green card as on marriage based to USC. Is there any one with similar timeline,or with any suggestion, or can explain the procedure after finerprint for me to follow up, pls do let me. :confused:

Whether or not your GC is family based is immaterial to your chances of success. The family basis is only relevant if you are filing as a PR who has been continuously married for three years.
I don't know what LUD means, but if you have had FP, then all you do is wait for the letter for the interview.
Your question is rather vague, can you clarify the question if you want a more detailed answer

The delay could be due to the pending background check. You should schedule a infopass to USCIS and find out what is going on, because it has been 4 months since your finger print appointment.

Jack

sean1980 said:
Hey guys,

Basically, just sit and wait until the interview letter appears. Once 6 months goes by (from your priority date (which is printed on every notice)), then you can start the process of trying to figure out what's going on. In the meantime, get to know your mailbox well.

Check out the "timeline" thread for your district office to see what is a "typical" wait.

The N-400 instructions talk about the English test and the Civics test. What they are really testing is your patience.

kblacwell said:
Whether or not your GC is family based is immaterial to your chances of success. The family basis is only relevant if you are filing as a PR who has been continuously married for three years.
I don't know what LUD means, but if you have had FP, then all you do is wait for the letter for the interview.
Your question is rather vague, can you clarify the question if you want a more detailed answer

Hey,
I have been married to usc and been PR for 3 years. Then i applied for the N400 . My question is that it has been more then 4 months since my finger print and i have no info for my interview. I just getting eager to find out how long will it take more for interview in sacramento.
And do my wife have to accompany me during my interview of citizenship?

cajack said:
The delay could be due to the pending background check. You should schedule a infopass to USCIS and find out what is going on, because it has been 4 months since your finger print appointment.

Jack

Thanks Jack, i will try to get an appointment. DO office has not updates there dates from 17 November 2006 onwards, so it become hard to find out the current date as well of the on going cases.

Yes I agree. I am actually from sacramento area as well. If you look at my singature, you will find out that I was stuck in name check until I filed lawsuit. But some of my friends get their naturalization done within 4 months. I am just one unlucky guy and it took me almost one year to finish my naturalization. The point is not everyone will stuck in name check/background check. You will be fine. If USCIS refuse to give you any status or tell you they don't know how long it will take or you don't receive anything 6 to 8 months after your PD, you should start to contact senator and congressman/woman and ask for help. So far I think you should just take it eash. I understand how frustrate and stressful to wait for something to come, while you really don't know when it will come. I went through all of these.

Make sure keep all your evidence, such as infopass, letter to USCIS, letter to congressman/senator etc., that you have been actively contact USCIS. For example, you should make a copy of your infopass, because once you are in USCIS, they will take it away.

Hope it helps,

Jack

sean1980 said:
Thanks Jack, i will try to get an appointment. DO office has not updates there dates from 17 November 2006 onwards, so it become hard to find out the current date as well of the on going cases.

Flydog said:
Basically, just sit and wait until the interview letter appears. Once 6 months goes by (from your priority date (which is printed on every notice)), then you can start the process of trying to figure out what's going on. In the meantime, get to know your mailbox well.

Check out the "timeline" thread for your district office to see what is a "typical" wait.

The N-400 instructions talk about the English test and the Civics test. What they are really testing is your patience.

Hey Buddy,
Thxs for the suggestion i will wait until that time then.

Thanks guys i had oath recently on 1st July, 2007. I am a proud US citizen. Thanks to all and the web site.
Long run uscis can be very stressful and furstating, all i can say is hanging there buddy.