N400 Receipt and Fingerprinting

applyUCS

Registered Users (C)
I received the receipt notice today for n-400 application. What it seems odd is that on it, in addition to my personal info, it only contains a sentence saying when I will expect an interview, (i.e. "...you should expect an interview within x days of this notice.."), BUT it says nothing about the fingerprinting. I thought the next step after this receipt should be fingerprinting, instead of interview, so why did they omit saying fingerpring on this notice. Did other people's receipts have similar problem?

Would the computer system at service centers have record on the dates they sent us notice of action, fingerprinting notice? I'm just curious.

Thanks!

applyUCS said:
I received the receipt notice today for n-400 application. What it seems odd is that on it, in addition to my personal info, it only contains a sentence saying when I will expect an interview, (i.e. "...you should expect an interview within x days of this notice.."), BUT it says nothing about the fingerprinting. I thought the next step after this receipt should be fingerprinting, instead of interview, so why did they omit saying fingerpring on this notice. Did other people's receipts have similar problem?

Would the computer system at service centers have record on the dates they sent us notice of action, fingerprinting notice? I'm just curious.

Thanks!
A fingerprint notice comes after a receipt notice. You will get it soon.