N400 questions - please help!!!

kudi magan

Registered Users (C)
Forum Gurus.. please help..

The following events happenned before my marrige and I-485 application...

My girl friend came to US in June, 2001 through a software company on H1 visa.
Soon after she reached here, that company told her they can't pay her until they find a client/project for her. They even refused to pay bench salary. At that time, I was waiting for PD for 485 to be current. And it was about to be current in a month (It became in July 2001, I was on EB3). So I contacted her company and said I can pay them the money using which they can pay the salary just to keep her in status. They accepted it (talk about expliotations!!!) and paid her. She got original pay stubs from the company.

As expected 485 became current in 1 month (that's July 2001), and we got married here in US and filed our 485 and got our GC in 6 1/2 month with no issues.

Is this above situation in anyway is going to affect my wife's or my citizenship application.

Thanks in advance,

Kudi Magan.

kudi magan said:
Forum Gurus.. please help..

The following events happenned before my marrige and I-485 application...

My girl friend came to US in June, 2001 through a software company on H1 visa.
Soon after she reached here, that company told her they can't pay her until they find a client/project for her. They even refused to pay bench salary. At that time, I was waiting for PD for 485 to be current. And it was about to be current in a month (It became in July 2001, I was on EB3). So I contacted her company and said I can pay them the money using which they can pay the salary just to keep her in status. They accepted it (talk about expliotations!!!) and paid her. She got original pay stubs from the company.

As expected 485 became current in 1 month (that's July 2001), and we got married here in US and filed our 485 and got our GC in 6 1/2 month with no issues.

Is this above situation in anyway is going to affect my wife's or my citizenship application.

Thanks in advance,

Kudi Magan.

I do not think you will have any issues, as both of you maintained legal status in the U.S.