N400 Name Check after I485 Name Check

klim71428

Registered Users (C)
Greetings,

My apologies if this topic was already covered somewhere at some point...

My name check following I485 filing took 2.5 years. Does anyone have any evidence that after FBI check your name for I485, there is a reduced chance of delays related to name check following N400 filing? Or do they start from scratch?

Best Regards,
Alexei

It took 2.25 years for my I-485 Interview (December 1998 to March 2001) plus an additional 2 years for card production (received in March 2003). I was wondering the same when I applied for citizenship. I think my name check went quite fast as you can see heerafter.
----------------------
Detroit DO - NSC
03/19/01 LPR
03/16/07 N-400 sent to NSC
03/20/07 Priority Date
03/23/07 Notice of Action letter received
03/23/07 FP letter received
04/12/07 FP done
09/19/07 Interview passed :)
10/26/07 Oath Date :)

I wonder the same thing! I waited for about 14 months for my greencard, but that was only after I bugged my senators and congressman and sent an "intent to sue" letter to the DO. Otherwise, I might still be waiting! So I wonder will this repeat for the naturalization process? Thanks!

Does anyone have any evidence that after FBI check your name for I485, there is a reduced chance of delays related to name check following N400 filing?

It's an excellent question! Name check response is only good for 15 months. Therefore, when someone like you applies for citizenship, USCIS will initiate new one for sure. Since it's a proven fact, that a person meets criteria for manual, cross-reference, hard-coded, whatever, namecheck, he will not sail through the automated process, guaranteed. Welcome back for the second, manual round, everyone?