N400 Interview before 5 years completions

hj123

Guys I am in trouble. My Green Approval date is 9/25/2001. Based on
this I applied 90 days before 5 Year completion in July 31, 2006.

USICS has scheduled a Naturalization interview on 9/20/2006.

Will I be in trouble of not completing 5 years? I have NEVER been outside US for more than 2 weeks. PLEASE HELP. Also I have gone to India only a couple of times.

If it were me...

I'd write back to them (or make an Infopass appt) asking for the appointment to be delayed a week.

I'm not sure if it matters, since it's the oath ceremony that counts, not the interview.

Then again, delaying things may put you in the limbo that I live in (they descheduled me back in April and have yet to reschedule anything).

Good luck

Flydog said:
If it were me...

I'd write back to them (or make an Infopass appt) asking for the appointment to be delayed a week.

I'm not sure if it matters, since it's the oath ceremony that counts, not the interview.

Then again, delaying things may put you in the limbo that I live in (they descheduled me back in April and have yet to reschedule anything).

Good luck

Does Atlanta have a Infopass appnt system. Rajiv Khanna PLEASE advise.

Regards
HJ

hj,
Just go for the interview. I do not think its an issue. Dont complicate matters by doing something.

Just show up as scheduled. Your interview should go through. You'll most likely be scheduled for oath after the 5th anniversary of GC

N2006 said:
Just show up as scheduled. Your interview should go through. You'll most likely be scheduled for oath after the 5th anniversary of GC

I agree. just go there and have the interview. it is up to INS at this point to make sure law is not broken. they will easily schedule you for an oath date to satisfy 5-year residence requirement. you may mention it during the interview as a friendly reminder. do not skip the interview!!! you do not know the status of your name check anyway. good luck

hj123 said:
Guys I am in trouble. My Green Approval date is 9/25/2001. Based on
this I applied 90 days before 5 Year completion in July 31, 2006.

USICS has scheduled a Naturalization interview on 9/20/2006.

Will I be in trouble of not completing 5 years? I have NEVER been outside US for more than 2 weeks. PLEASE HELP. Also I have gone to India only a couple of times.

Can you please share your experience with the interview before 5 year completion? Did it turn out OK or was it re-scheduled? Does your D.O. allow oath on same day or later? Any info will be helpful. Thanks.

same situation

I am also in the same situation. I got my GC on 11/26/01 and my interview is on 11/22.

Last edited by a moderator: