N400 Application Question - Part 5 Information about Residence.

mohanned

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

My question per N400 Application, Part 5 "Information about Residence"
If I have made trips outside US (less than 6 months), Shall I list the foreign address in " Part 5 - Physical address" ? or shall I still put my home US address?

Thanks!

Mohanned

Last edited:
I think we covered this in your May thread. If you were working, and as a consequence living, in Palestine, irrespective of the duration, that's what you should put. Or is your home country Kuwait?

The n400 Part 5 is clear; it asks to list every location where you have lived during the past 5 years.

If you were working, and as a consequence living, in Palestine, irrespective of the duration, that's what you should put. I think we covered this in your May thread.

The n400 Part 5 is clear; it asks to list every location where you have lived during the past 5 years.
My question is not the same as my previous question in last May. My question is general for any trips regardless of the intent of the trip, shall I list the foreign address in the physical address section even if my trip was for few days ? In that case, the physical address list would be so huge and I am not sure if that is the way it should be.

My question is not the same as my previous question in last May. My question is general for any trips regardless of the intent of the trip, shall I list the foreign address in the physical address section even if my trip was for few days ? In that case, the physical address list would be so huge and I am not sure if that is the way it should be.

Both threads deal with n400.

You had mentioned in that thread that you were working back home in your home country and still showing up in the US within 6 months with no issues. That suggests to anyone reading that your trips were longer than a few days. We don't tell anyone how to fill out forms, put down the addresses where you have lived for the time period asked about on the form.

You had mentioned in that thread that you were working back home in your home country and still showing up in the US within 6 months with no issues. That suggests to anyone reading that your trips were longer than a few days. We don't tell anyone how to fill out forms, put down the addresses where you have lived for the time period asked about on the form.
Why are you assuming that my question is related to the question asked previously ?? Previously my question was for trips while working back home but this time my question is in general which includes any trips. Thanks and I hope to hear from someone else who could help.

Another question please, at the section where it says to list trips during the last 5 years. If I am submitting my N400 application in Oct. 2019. Do I have to list any trips that happened in 2014 before October? What if the return date to US falls in the 5 years but the exit was beyond the 5 years ? Thank you!

Last edited:
Another question please, at the section where it says to list trips during the last 5 years. If I am submitting my N400 application in Oct. 2019. Do I have to list any trips that happened in 2014 before October? What if the return date to US falls in the 5 years but the exit was beyond the 5 years ? Thank you!
Yes add it in if you were out of the country at the start of the five years

Why are you assuming that my question is related to the question asked previously ?? Previously my question was for trips while working back home but this time my question is in general which includes any trips. Thanks and I hope to hear from someone else who could help.

By the way you can expect to get questioned about the fact that you were working back home for any length of time even while touching down in the US, I haven’t gone back and read the previous thread but if you were only touching down every six months it was clearly for an extended length of time - I hope you have decent evidence of residence in the US to show as well.

By the way you can expect to get questioned about the fact that you were working back home for any length of time even while touching down in the US, I haven’t gone back and read the previous thread but if you were only touching down every six months it was clearly for an extended length of time - I hope you have decent evidence of residence in the US to show as well.
That was happening only for the first year when I got my green card. I think that should be normal for new immigrants who are still working on finalizing their stuff back home. Also, I was looking for a job in US that year (I have a lot of emails proving that).
I was staying at my cousin's place I didn't have any lease or paid any rent. I have listed that address in my driver's license, bank statements, W2 and filing taxes, so I am not sure what kind of evidence of residence to show here if asked?

Last edited:
That was happening only for the first year when I got my green card. I think that should be normal for new immigrants who are still working on finalizing their stuff back home. Also, I was looking for a job in US that year (I have a lot of emails proving that).
I was staying at my cousin's place I didn't have any lease or paid any rent. I have listed that address in my driver's license, bank statements, W2 and filing taxes, so I am not sure what kind of evidence of residence to show here if asked?
Always make it a point to be clear about your situation - do not confuse the officer. Be very clear about your case...they don't want to hear explanations, esp long explanations.