N400 a decision cannot be made.

Soap141

Hello everyone. I need advice on my case. I just got interviewed today. The officer said she cant approve my case now and gave me a paper that says a decision cannot be made/we will mail you the decision. How soon can i get the letter?

Hello everyone. I need advice on my case. I just got interviewed today. The officer said she cant approve my case now and gave me a paper that says a decision cannot be made/we will mail you the decision. How soon can i get the letter?
You will get it as soon as they mail it.

Did the IO inform you why a decision can't be made? Do you have an idea of what's the problem?

Hi. I applied n400 using 5 year rule. Divorced to my usc wife. Did not say why she cant decide my case. Passed the civics and english test.

Of course they'd be scrutinizing your marriage and subsequent divorce. Did you get your green card through marriage to the USC?

Yes my ex wife is a usc. How long does this process go before i can get my decision letter? Thank you for answering.

Yes my ex wife is a usc. How long does this process go before i can get my decision letter? Thank you for answering.
That would be tough for anyone to answer.

You could get something in the mail in 3 weeks or 3 months. USCIS works at their own pace.