N14 please help.

JACKKmon

Registered Users (C)
Hi!

I have received a n14 at interview for N400 based on spouse.

one of the documents requested is Health Insurance for spouse. My spouse and I are on Family Health Plus (based on Medicaid). I have mailed a letter asking Mediaid for proof of coverage but haven't recieved a response, and the telephone number for the person in charge dosen't accept voicemails because it's full.

Will they make a big issue if I don't bring proof of above?

thanks!

Will they make a big issue if I don't bring proof of above?

If it was specifically requested, and you don't send it in, that would seem to leave your case open for denial.

How come the IO wants to see health insurance anyway? What other documents were requested? Sounds to me like there is more going on here than you have disclosed.

why don't you see the n14 yourself.

http://rcpt.yousendit.com/605946414/863d3846a6bfa36614007aa4e9f8a930

situation is as follows.

went myself to appointment.

passed the english and civics test.

was asked for proof of marriage to usc. showed marriage license, 2 birth certificates from kids born to us, and tax returns for the three years. was asked for utility and bank statements. said it wasn't requested in the appointment letter, and shouldn't my two kids and the fact that we are married eight years show that marriage is in good faith? was told that yes it does, but for the completness of file, i'd have to return in thirty days with items checked on n14.

I am not upset about the fact that they want the above evidence, but that they don't list it anywhere on the instructions form or on the appointment letter.

My question is that i can get all the proof they requested on the n14, except health insurance, will it be problem? if it is a problem what can i do?

From looking at your N-14, it looks like they want proof that you're in legitimate marriage since you based your naturalization on that.

Cheers.

agreed, although it's kind of silly considering the eight years of marriage and the two kids we have.

anyone have any advice regarding the health insurance issue?

On the face of it, it seems like the IO is being overly cautious. Not much you can do except attempt to provide the info requested. Do you have individual insurance cards for the Medicaid program? If so, I would send copies of those.

For sure is I wouldn't ignore it. Didn't we just had a disgussion here about someone got citizenship denial because requested Info was sent to in to late?

You never know what they are thinking and what they ask for. Each IO is different but like I said I wouldn't ignore it.

You got to hear this i finally reached the person in charge and guess what? she never got my letter. I asked her if she can get a fax and she said no. She suggested i send another letter.

I guess i'll have to take the cards with me and pray the AO dosen't get fussy. (there are no start or end dates on the card)

Do you get "explanation of benefits" from your health care provider each time you avail of your medical insurance? We get those regularly from my husband's health care provider and it usually contains the name of the main person insured and the name of the dependent availing of the medical benefit. Perhaps you can take those along, in addition to your medical card, to show that the insurance is current?

In the past I used one that sent me a letter every time I sneezed, the one my wife always used (and i currently use as well) never sends any correspondence, other then to remind us to immunize the children.

thanks to you all for your encouragement!