N-648 along with N-400 need info

648applier

Registered Users (C)
Dear all,

Please help. My father is 74 years old and my mother is 67 years old. Father is legally blind and mother is diabetic and had open heart surgery. Have applied for citizenship in Boston MA. Immigration dr have given N-648 for waiver for English and US history test. They will be LPR's for the past 10 years and in the past five years they have spent 11 months outside the US on two trips due to medical treatment from home country and dr did not allow them to travel and we have dr's letters. Please share your experience in this situation. Would it be hard to get citizenship approval? My fathers's attorney say longer trips more than 6 months and less than one year won't be a problem. Please advise.
Finger print 11/22/07
IL???

Thank you in advance

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear all,

Please help. My father is 74 years old and my mother is 67 years old. Father is legally blind and mother is diabetic and had open heart surgery. Have applied for citizenship in Boston MA. Immigration dr have given N-648 for waiver for English and US history test. They will be LPR's for the past 10 years and in the past five years they have spent 11 months outside the US on two trips due to medical treatment from home country and dr did not allow them to travel and we have dr's letters. Please share your experience in this situation. Would it be hard to get citizenship approval? My fathers's attorney say longer trips more than 6 months and less than one year won't be a problem. Please advise.
Finger print 11/22/07
IL???

Thank you in advance

The 11 months was all in a single trip?

Based on the doctor's letters, I believe you may have a strong case to prove your parents did not disrupt their residency. Make sure to collect other useful evidence such as mortgages/leases, bank and tax records.

Dear boatbod,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Yes, 11 months were in a single trip. They are dependent on me and I include my parents on my tax return as dependant on me and other than that I don't have any info.

Sounds like your parents have good evidence to support their case. In particular, having immediate relatives who remained in the US is usually a good indication of intent to return from an overseas trip.

My advice would be for them to submit their applications, then attend the interviews armed with as many supporting docs as possible.