N-600 Question: Please advice

bks43wa

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
I mailed the N-600 form to our local field office in Yakima, WA, without mentioning " Attn: N-600 Unit". I am worried if the front desk would know without opening which unit to send to. Does anybody know how it is sorted for processing so that the correct unit receives the form?

Any advice would help a lot! ( Experience from Seattle or any other local USCIS office would help) :)

Thanks much.

I wouldn't worry. I doubt anybody here knows exactly what goes on in the mailing room, but I am pretty sure they will end up sending the application to the right place. They just might need to open the envelope to peek inside and see what application it is.

what is n-600? Why do you need to apply for it if you have passport?

Don't tell me you forgot to fill out the N-600 application! :eek: My goodness, you don't know in how much trouble you are now ;) :p

I'm just kidding. N-600 is for children who gain citizenship through their parents naturalization. It is to obtain a certificate of citizenship as proof of their citizenship (it is not naturalization, just proof) with a non-expiring document, pretty much like the naturalization certficate, but called a certificate of citizenship.

Hi All,
I mailed the N-600 form to our local field office in Yakima, WA, without mentioning " Attn: N-600 Unit". I am worried if the front desk would know without opening which unit to send to. Does anybody know how it is sorted for processing so that the correct unit receives the form?

Any advice would help a lot! ( Experience from Seattle or any other local USCIS office would help) :)

Thanks much.

I wouldn't be surprised if all mail was opened in the mail room and then forwarded to the correct person/department (with the envelope attached).

The 'Front Desk' is usually Security and they don't handle mail.