N-600 Application supporting documents

kumarlen

Registered Users (C)
I have just got Citizenship and I want to apply for my daughter (11 years old) thru N600 for her citizenship. What are the supporting documents to send along with the application? They(USCIS website) are asking too many documents I am really got confusing! What are the essential documents to send? It is not like N-400 Application I have just sent check, photos and copy of GC. Please give me your advice those who processed N-600 recently.
Thank you

Your daughter is already a citizen if she has a green card and lives with you.
You need not apply for a certificate of citizenship for your daughter, just apply for her US passport. N-600 process in my opinion a waste of money and time and US passport is a sufficient proof of US citizenship.

I think I just sent a minimal amount of documents:

Photos
Copy of naturalization certificate/s of parent/s
Copy of Green Card of the child

Some people also send school records. I didn't.

Most other documents should already be in the hands of USCIS and don't need to be resubmitted.

I think nkm and I usually disagree on the usefulness of the certificate :) That's a different issue.

Just like Huracan said - > Folloing documents were taken from me by the IO:
- 3 photos of the kid
- copies of naturalization certificates of me and my wife (i got them certified)
- copy of green card
I offered to give copies of my son's birth certificate, my marriage certificate and proof of residence - but the IO said not necessary - as they have all such data in his green card file.

BTW - IO said it is advisable to have naturalization certificate to reduce complications in future.

Great! Thanks to Huracan, James Chak and nkm-oct23.
I agree nkm advice(Demoractic). But I have to take conservative way.