N-400

todd2006

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I live in Colorado springs and want to know where i have to sent my N-400 application on the uscis.gov website it says Nebraska Service center but when i check the times i dont see any processing times in Nebraska service center for N-400 do i have to sent the form to Denver or Nebraska i am confused

Can someone guide me in the right direction

Todd

N-400 needs to be send to the Service Center you belong to - in your case, NSC. After NSC processes the file, it will send it to your DO (I believe Denver DO) and you will go there for the fingerprinting and interview.

Right, if you want to see "processing times" for your N-400, check out the District Office where you will be interviewed, not the Service Center where you sent the form.

Don't expect the times to be accurate though - only very rough, and likely wrong.

The most accurate guess can be found by monitoring the "timeline" thread (on this forum) for the district office where you will be interviewed.

Why do the district office timelines matter? I'm with NSC and it does not matter whether I'm in Kansas City DO, Minneapolis DO or Denver DO. Until my namecheck is complete, my files do not get transferred by NSC to DO. Once DO has the file transferred (case status diappears online), then it simply comes done to backlog at DO. Is my understanding correct?

My understanding of the processing:

1. Your application is received and entered into the system
  2. You get a priority date and an NOA receipt notice is generated
  3. The various checks are initiated, including sending a request for your fingerprints to the appropriate ASC (determined by your zip code) the name check, other checks
  4. Some time after that, when most of your information is in place, your file is passed on to the local DO
  5. If there are no problems, you get an interview letter - these are sent out in order of priority date
  6. If there is a problem (FPs bad, name check, paperwork mis-routing (my case), phase of the moon), you either don't get an interview or your scheduled interview gets descheduled - at this point, all bets are off

But, as far as I know, for the majority of cases (where everything pretty much just falls into place, the DOs "processing times" (actual, not posted) are the key measure, and the processing order is by priority date.

Of course, I'm likely to be wrong.

Hi,

Thanks for all your replies i appreciate it.

Because i mailed my application on Jan 9 2007 and i see that the check was cashed on Jan 12,2007 so need to know what was my priority date.

Also i had a small traffic citation like not stopping at a stop sign and i paid $150.00 in court i did mail out all the court papers and the paper that i paid the fine. Will the traffic citation cause delay in my case

Thanks,

Todd

Hi,

also had another question i heard from some freinds in Florida that they sometimes do the Oath on same day as ur interiew has anyone in denver had the same exp taking the oath and interiew on the same day

Todd

You will get a notice in the next couple or three weeks. Your priority date will be on it.

Don't worry about a couple days - worry about months. Just sit back, relax, and check your (physical) mailbox every day.

About the "oath on interview" question, that's only done in some Districts. Check the "timeline" thread for the district that you will be interviewed in.