N-400 with Nebraska INS

Harish Krishna

Registered Users (C)
I submitted my N-400 application to Nebraska last month. Form mailed USPS on 2/23, received at Nebraska on 2/25, check encashed on 3/2. Still waiting for NOA in the mail.

If anyone else has recently submitted their N-400 to Nebraska, I'll appreciate if you could post your timeline too. Thanks a lot.

--Harish

Harish Krishna said:
I submitted my N-400 application to Nebraska last month. Form mailed USPS on 2/23, received at Nebraska on 2/25, check encashed on 3/2. Still waiting for NOA in the mail.

If anyone else has recently submitted their N-400 to Nebraska, I'll appreciate if you could post your timeline too. Thanks a lot.

--Harish

Hi Harish,

I also sent my N-400 to Nebraska. Here is my time line so far:

PD:02/08/05
NOA:02/15/05
NOA For FP:02/23/05
FP:03/10/05

But when I check the status on-line,nothing comes up. Hopefully you will receive your NOA soon.Thanks.

Harish, Krish24

There are quite a few recent posts related to NSC.
Things so far appear to be moving smothly at Nebraska.
From few posts, I would guess its taking 1-2 months for FD. My PD is Jan 11 and got Fingerprinted on Mar 1.

As far as online status is concerned, even today (after 2 months of sending application) I cant seem to see my status online.

All the best with your quest for Citizenship. Lets share our experience at NSC as there were hardly any posted experience for NSC.

Regards
Ravi

Thanks for the info, guys.

Just received the NOA, dated 3/08. It has the "missing evidences" note. I think it's because of my traffic tickets, which I imagine I'll be asked to bring copies of from the DMV at the time of the interview. If anyone can confirm the correlation between "missing evidence" note and traffic tickets, please advice. Thanks again.

PS. Keeping fingers crossed for an early FP appointment.

Hi,

I received my FP appointment at Portland, Oregon today. My dates so far:

PD: 02/25
NOA: 03/12
FP NOA: 03/24
Appointment: 04/22

If anyone else on the board is applying for N-400 in Oregon, I'd appreciate it very much if you could post your dates. Thanks a lot in advance.

Harish Krishna said:
Thanks for the info, guys.

Just received the NOA, dated 3/08. It has the "missing evidences" note. I think it's because of my traffic tickets, which I imagine I'll be asked to bring copies of from the DMV at the time of the interview. If anyone can confirm the correlation between "missing evidence" note and traffic tickets, please advice. Thanks again.

PS. Keeping fingers crossed for an early FP appointment.
No definitive correlation. Might be because they want to know about your Selective Service registration.

Following advice on this board, I visited the ASC today to have my fingerprints taken. Everything went well, although I'm not sure whether the fingerprints will be rejected by the FBI. Seems my fingers have some kind of problem that makes fingerprint taken difficult.

Could someone tell me when and how to check with the FBI if the fingerprints were accepted?

My dates so far:

NOA: 03/12
FP: 03/25
Portland, Oregon

Thanks a lot in advance.

--Harish

I was able to get in contact with the FP people at the FBI this morning. The lady was very polite and helpful, and she verified my FP were correctly processed (no rejection). Keeping my fingers crossed the balance of this citizenship process will continue to move forward smoothy.

My timeline so far:
N-400 in Portland, Oregon
PD NOI received: 03/12
FP NOI received: 03/24
PF taken: 03/25
Waiting for interview...

Thank you very much to the posters on this board who let us know we could walk-in at the Portland ASC to have our fingerprints done before the scheduled appointment.

--Harish

Harish Krishna said:
does you interview appointment indicate any documents to bring with you?

Thanks again.

Yes -- Nothing unusual. Here it is (verbatim):

Your MUST BRING the following with you to the interview:

• This letter.
  • Your Alien Registration Card (green card)
  • Any evidence of Selective Service Registration
  • Your passport and/or any other documents you used in connection with any entries into the Unitied States
  • Those items noted below which are applicable to you:

What is listed after this applies if you're naturalizing on the basis of marriage to a U.S. citizen or as a member of the Armed Forces.

That's it.

Detroit DO N400 - Update

I applied for my wife at NSC/Detroit

Application mailed to NSC: Jan 10, 2005
Priority Date: Jan 14, 2005
Received Notice from NSC: Jan 26, 2005
Notice for fingerprint Recd: Feb. 8, 2005
Fingerprints done: Feb. 18, 2005
Interview Letter Received: 4/23/2005 (Could add my wife's case to Online Portfolio on 4/22)
Inteview Scheduled for : 7/18/2005

The notice said to bring the letter, green card, and evidence of Selective Service Registration.

I don't know why they are asking for SSR as my wife did not get her GC until she was >25 years old. Can anybody tell me if they have been asked to bring evidence of SSR and how would I go about getting what they are asking for?

Thanks.
Edit/Delete Message

I sent mine to Nebraska as well. See my timeline below.

N400 application mailed - 2/24/05
NSC Received - 2/28/05
NSC Priority date - 2/28/05
Checks cashed - 3/3/05
Received application receipt NOA - 3/12/05
Received fingerprint NOA - 3/19/05
Fingerprint - 4/6/05 (Louisville)
Interview NOA - 4/22/05
Interview - 6/20/05 (Indianapolis)

Good luck to you all!

don't worry about the ss card!

pistonsfan said:
I applied for my wife at NSC/Detroit

Application mailed to NSC: Jan 10, 2005
Priority Date: Jan 14, 2005
Received Notice from NSC: Jan 26, 2005
Notice for fingerprint Recd: Feb. 8, 2005
Fingerprints done: Feb. 18, 2005
Interview Letter Received: 4/23/2005 (Could add my wife's case to Online Portfolio on 4/22)
Inteview Scheduled for : 7/18/2005

The notice said to bring the letter, green card, and evidence of Selective Service Registration.

I don't know why they are asking for SSR as my wife did not get her GC until she was >25 years old. Can anybody tell me if they have been asked to bring evidence of SSR and how would I go about getting what they are asking for?

Thanks.
Edit/Delete Message
Relax, don't worry about the selctive service registration. As you said you are applying for your wife. Selective service registration is not required nor needed from females. It seems like the USCIS has a standard form of the interview notice, that's all.

Mark799 said:
Hi,
I'm from Oregon

Application mailed to NSC: 02.02, 2005
Priority Date: 02. 03, 2005
Received Notice from NSC: 02. 26, 2005
Notice for fingerprint Recd: 02.26, 2005
Fingerprints done: 03. 25, 2005
Pending for the interview......???

How I can check if my FP are OK ?

Thanks

Mark799

Hi Mark799,

Have you received your interview letter from Portland, Oregon DO yet? I'm still waiting for mine. I had my FP taken the same day as you. If you have an update on your case, please share with the rest of us.

--Harish

Haris Krishna,
I also applied on Nebraska Center, I had my case moved pretty fast until Interview. I had the Interview on April and waiting for the Oath letter, I don't know if it is pending on FBI Name Check

Reader2000