N-400 receipt says will hear about interview in 365 days

bluecar

Registered Users (C)
Applied at VSC. Receipt says "You will be notified of the date and place of your interview when you have been scheduled by the local USCIS office. You should expect to be notified within 365 days of this notice."

Is the 365 days in the notice typical? Do people have less than 365 days? I was expecting more like 90 days or maybe 180 days????

My receipt also says "Receipt with Exception" but I think that's not unusual if you have speeding tickets.

Typical times from forum-posters timelines

Next step is the Fingerprinting. Then the Name/Background check. Some time ago I looked at typical times from forum-posters timelines and came up with something like this:

Application to Priority Date or check cashed
Range 1-14 days, average 7 days

Priority Date or check cashed to Fingerprint Notice
Range 5-23 days, average 15 days

Fingerprint Notice to Fingerprint Appointment
Range 5-23 days, average 13 days

Fingerprint Appointment to Interview Notice
Range 13-50 days, average 30 days (however, in a minority of cases this can take MUCH longer, even years !!!!!!)

Interview Notice to Interview
Range 30-70 days, average 51 days

Interview – Oath Notice
Range 0-8 days, average 4 days

Oath Notice – Oath Ceremony
Range 6-28 days, average 17 days

I mean in the notice. Do the notices typically say 365 days? Or something smaller like 180 days? I'm wondering why my notice says 365 days. That's a long time when the cases are running only 6-7 months behind.

It's normal for the receipt to say 365 days and receipt with exception since the notice is just a generic notice that gets sent out.

Don't worry about it...most folks finish before a year if everything goes smoothly.

However, there's always a small percentage of folks that go beyond a year.

bluecar said:
I mean in the notice. Do the notices typically say 365 days? Or something smaller like 180 days? I'm wondering why my notice says 365 days. That's a long time when the cases are running only 6-7 months behind.
My Notice from VSC said 180 days. But as happigal states it is a generic notice. After fringer printing the wait begins. For some folks the wait is short. For some it is years depending on the Name Check. So I would not worry about the 365 days.

Mine (Sept 2005) said (if I remember correctly) 755 days. It took them until March 2006 to send me an IV letter for May 5 (they eventually descheduled that interview, but...)

It's all part of the USCIS "confuse the customer" strategy. Don't worry.

Mine says 90 days. But I don't think I will get a IL in 90 days. Anybody has experience with number of days?