N-400 receipt number format

albertr

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

I have a question about receipt number format used by USCIS. I send N-400s to Vermont SC two weeks ago for both my spouse and myself. They cashed bank checks next day after receiving it. On checks they wrote (case/receipt?) numbers like ESC001858000. Unfortunately, I still haven't received any official notice/communication back from them, so I'm not sure what is my true receipt number. When I went to USCIS web site and tried to query for numbers they wrote on checks, it came out as invalid. They want 13 characters numbers only. Where's the catch?
Thanks,
-albertr

Try ESC*001858000 this should work. If you get an error then it means it is not in the system yet. Wait for a week or two and then try again.

I filed my N-400 in Nebraska center about 10 days ago. My checked cleared about 2-3 days ago and on my check they wroteLIN1234567 (10 digit) number.

Do I add thee zeros (LIN 000 1234567) to get my application 13 digit application #?

Btw, Is it normal for some people to get ESC while other to get LIN number?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, the star symbol (*) did it! I was able to add both of the numbers to my portfolio on USCIS web site. Interesting thing to notice - one of them has "Last Updated" field populated with a date in the past (one day before they even received my application). If I click on the case in my portfolio, the dates become even more confusing - it says they received my applicatio on March 16, while I mailed it out on March 26. Guess, I can't expect sanity even with modest tasks like inputing dates in INS, can I? ;)
Thanks for your help!
-albertr

albertr What numbers you took front of the cheque or back of the cheque I have two # both are different

The numbers on back worked, the numbers on front didn;t. They are different in my case, too.
-albertr