N-400 Questions (Address, Work History)

peachbread

Hello!

I do understand this question was asked before, but I want to triple check. I apologize for the redundancy.

Currently I’m happily employed. I was a college student from August 13, 2013 to May 6th, 2018. I received my green card in September 2013.

1) Address: in the last five years, I rarely if ever stayed in a single residence for longer than 5 months. I lived in dorms, college apartments, college suites, etc. I was considered a dependent until graduation and this is reflected on my parents’ tax returns. Is it perfectly alright for me to only put my parents’ permanent address down for address history, as I was still a student? The only residence that was not on-campus was a 3-month sublease for a summer.

2) Work History: As a student, I only worked as a tutor, TA, research assistant, or notetaker at my school. My employer was different departments within my college. Am I allowed to put down a single work history entry with my college as my employer, or would I need to list every job I worked for every semester?

3) Because I was a dependent, I did not file a tax return at all. This included a 2500$ stipend for a summer research project. My yearly income from on-campus jobs nets me around 1000$ a year. The only jobs I need to file tax returns are for 2018 (employed as a research assistant from 1/15/18 to 5/6/18 and then full time employment 6/4/18 to present). Would I need to file back taxes for years 2013-2017?

Thank you for your time!

Use your parents address .
Under Employment when you were in school and never filed a tax return Just put student for that applicable timeline

2018 Fill in Research Assistant for that applicable timeline

You dont have to file back taxes . You didnt make enough $$ to be required to file taxes . That would be your explanation when asked if you ever failed to file a tax return.