N-400 question re: N/A as an answer to questions that have nothing to do with you

teddybear

Registered Users (C)
:rolleyes: First, let me thank all of you who contribute to the best resource about immigration in the US. I love this board, it has helped me replace my lost green card. Now I am taking the big plunge into applying for citizenship.

As I fill out the N-400 carefully, I see the following text on page 3 of the instruction sheet: "If a question does not apply to you, write N/A (meaning "Not Applicable") in the space provided."

OK, please forgive me if this is a dumb question.

Parts 8 and 9 are a puzzle because I am a single person with no children. I put "0" for number of marriages and children, but am I supposed to put N/A in every blank field of questions?

Does anyone know if there is a "sample" filled out n-400 on the web to look at?

Thanks in advance for your help. I can't wait to finish the application and mail it to Vermont!!!

Teddybear in NY

Seems to me, it'd be sufficient to simply write "0" in for number of marriages and number of children. No need to fill out all those blank boxes - if the IO wants it any other way, I'm sure it will be corrected during interview.