N-400 Fingerprinting issue

faridabadi2

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,

I applied to TSC/DO: San Antonio for citizenship. My PD is 05/22. My scheduled FP date was 06/22, but I did my FP at ASC, San Antonio one week earlier (on 06/15, the same day as my wife's finger printing was being done).

Today, I received a notice from ASC (San Antonio) asking me to appear for a FP on 07/29. In one place they say "1st Set Unclassifiable". In another place, they say "Please disregard this notice if you have been fingerprinted in last 90 days".

Hmmm.. How can I find out what is happening on my case? Is it that my first FP was "unclassifiable", hence I need to go again? Or is it simply a knee-jerk reaction from the ASC because I did my FP earlier than the scheduled date?

Thanks.
Faridabadi.

faridabadi2 said:
Gurus,

I applied to TSC/DO: San Antonio for citizenship. My PD is 05/22. My scheduled FP date was 06/22, but I did my FP at ASC, San Antonio one week earlier (on 06/15, the same day as my wife's finger printing was being done).

Today, I received a notice from ASC (San Antonio) asking me to appear for a FP on 07/29. In one place they say "1st Set Unclassifiable". In another place, they say "Please disregard this notice if you have been fingerprinted in last 90 days".

Hmmm.. How can I find out what is happening on my case? Is it that my first FP was "unclassifiable", hence I need to go again? Or is it simply a knee-jerk reaction from the ASC because I did my FP earlier than the scheduled date?

Thanks.
Faridabadi.
I suggest first you can call FBI at 304-625-2000, option 3, check to see if your FP result has been sent back to USCIS or not? Be prepare your A#.
Second call USCIS 1800#, spoke to cust svc rep, verify they received your FP result.
After both check, you will know if you need another FP or not.(I think you only needs do again because the 1st fingerprinter quality not good enough)
Hope it is help!

I would suggest go to local ASC where FP were taken. Take all notices with you, they will be in better position to resolve this issue faster. I belive you can just walkin to ASC.

Thanks for the info

LKBECTZ said:
I suggest first you can call FBI at 304-625-2000, option 3, check to see if your FP result has been sent back to USCIS or not? Be prepare your A#.
Second call USCIS 1800#, spoke to cust svc rep, verify they received your FP result.
After both check, you will know if you need another FP or not.(I think you only needs do again because the 1st fingerprinter quality not good enough)
Hope it is help!
Thanks for the tips.

I called FBI today. They confirmed that the first set of fingerprints were rejected because of "quality problems". I do need to redo the fingerprinting.

Thanks!
Faridabadi.

faridabadi2 said:
Thanks for the tips.

I called FBI today. They confirmed that the first set of fingerprints were rejected because of "quality problems". I do need to redo the fingerprinting.

Thanks!
Faridabadi.
Hi, Faridabadi, have you finished 2rd FP? You just walk in or re-do on 7/29 as per 2rd schedule?

LKBECTZ said:
Hi, Faridabadi, have you finished 2rd FP? You just walk in or re-do on 7/29 as per 2rd schedule?

Hello LKBECTZ,

I will re-do the FP on 7/29 as per the 2nd schedule. Thanks for checking.

Best wishes!
Faridabadi.

N-400 - second FP rejected: "bad quality"

Hello Gurus,

I applied for N-400 on May 24, 2006. My DO is San Antonio/TSC.

My first FP was done on June 15 - got rejected because of "bad quality" fingerprints. The second FP was done on July 29 - got rejected again for the same reason.

Now, I have received a letter asking me to get a "certified police report" and bring it to the interview.

Now, the questions:
1. Has anyone gone thru a similar experience?
2. Based on this letter, should I expect an interview letter now?

Thanks for any info.
Faridabadi.