N-400 difficulties

awudu

Registered Users (C)
I am new in this forum and I a have question peharps someone might have some ideas, suggestion, help or what to do, because I am thinking of sueing csic. I went for my naturalization interview on February 20th 2003, I had passed the interview except that I have to provide additional documentation for the child I claim on my green card apllication. The immigration gave me up to March 20th 2003 to send the proof of support and other documents, which I did within the time frame that was given to me. since then, I did not hear anything from the immigration, I have been contacting them since. Anytime I would contact them, they will say that my case still pending. Its 4 years now going back and forth with them. I week ago I visited their office in Baltimore MD to follow up about my status, I was told by an immigration officer that my name is on the security check. For four years, I think the should be able to come up with something, whether they approve or not. they told me I still have to wait. for how long, they have no idea.
Is this type of case familiar to anyone? I will really appreciate to get some feed back
thank you all.

Sorry to hear about your case - its definitely an extraordinary delay. There have been cases people have sued USCIS successfully after 120 days (?) passed since their interview. You may want to check on that - there are several threads on this.

Before you do something like that you may want to contact your congressman or senator. Just a brief letter outlining your timeline, how long you have been waiting on name check, your last contact with them (infopass etc.) and a request that they intervene on your behalf would be suffcient. Again, there are several people who have posted what they did in detail.

I suggest you spend some time reading related posts in this forum and contact your elected representatives ASAP.