N-400 chances with firearm convictions

Dattrini85

Hi,

In September of 2012 I was found guilty of one firearm offense that resulted in three convictions as follows:

1. Attempted Carry Pistol Outside Home/ Business
2. Possession of Unregistered Firearm
3. Unlawful Possession of Ammunition

All misdemeanors.

The firearm was in my car, and was legally licensed and registered, but unfortunately not within the district I was driving through at the time. I received 11 months unsupervised probation with no jail time. I understand that any firearms conviction is a deportable offense. I do however would still like to apply for USC. I have consulted multiple immigration lawyers, with each one stating very different ideas from the other. Any one have experience in this area? Not looking for legal advice, just any experience/information that would help.

Hi,

In September of 2012 I was found guilty of one firearm offense that resulted in three convictions as follows:

1. Attempted Carry Pistol Outside Home/ Business
2. Possession of Unregistered Firearm
3. Unlawful Possession of Ammunition

All misdemeanors.

The firearm was in my car, and was legally licensed and registered, but unfortunately not within the district I was driving through at the time. I received 11 months unsupervised probation with no jail time. I understand that any firearms conviction is a deportable offense. I do however would still like to apply for USC. I have consulted multiple immigration lawyers, with each one stating very different ideas from the other. Any one have experience in this area? Not looking for legal advice, just any experience/information that would help.
Was it legally registered to you? Don't you have to be a Citizen before you can legally purchase a firearm?

Firearm convictions are deportable...
What state?
Who was it registered to?

Criminal case is over but the facts might determine whether or not you get approved for n400.
That's why they require the Disposition.
A little more details if possible

Was it legally registered to you? Don't you have to be a Citizen before you can legally purchase a firearm?

Firearm convictions are deportable...
What state?
Who was it registered to?

Criminal case is over but the facts might determine whether or not you get approved for n400.
That's why they require the Disposition.
A little more details if possible

The firearm was legally registered to me in my home state of Maryland. The incident took place in Washington D.C , and the firearm laws there are very strict.

You are allowed to purchase firearms legally here once you are a LPR.

The firearm was legally registered to me in my home state of Maryland. The incident took place in Washington D.C , and the firearm laws there are very strict.

You are allowed to purchase firearms legally here once you are a LPR.

If you explain yourself the way you did here. It will all be up to the immigration officer.

Seeing that the Gun is legally registered to you in Maryland.. Assuming you will be applying for n400 in Maryland. Case is 6 years old walk with your disposition.
Just to be on the safe side you should use an Attorney.
I live in NJ Gun Laws are strict here as well.
Got arrested for illegal possession of a firearm but the case was no billed by a Grand Jury. So it was thrown out. I got through with my N400 but my criminal case unlike yours was dismissed and I had to take in the disposition. My case was over 10 years old.
Good luck.
He said it was unregistered. Point 2.
Its legally registered to him in Maryland but he got arrested in DC.... Hence all. My questions. If it were simply an illegal gun he'd be doing 5 to 10 for possession. Not probation