N-400 at INS Nebraska?

Hi,

I have applied for N400 at the NSC in Apr 01 and got my FP done in June \'01. I\'m planning to go to India sometime in Dec\'01. I need to know how long is it taking for the interviews at the Nebraska center?

Thanks!

Hi,

I have applied for N400 at the NSC in Apr 01 and got my FP done in June \'01. I\'m planning to go to India sometime in Dec\'01. I need to know how long is it taking for the interviews at the Nebraska center?

Thanks!

No Title

It depends on your local district office. My local district office is Chicago and the last time (about a month back) I checked with an Immig. Officer at NSC, she said Chicago office was reviewing cases that were filed about 10 months back. My Receipt date is Feb. 1 and she said I can expect to be interviewed in October/November. To date, I haven\'t received the interview letter.

Hope this helps.

RJ

No Title

It really depends on the local processing center.
See ins.usdoj.gov for processing center in your area.
For me, I applied in 8/00, FP 10/00 and nothing since then.
My local center is Cleveland, Ohio.

To RJAY

Hi,
I live in MI.
MY PD was 7/15/01
Reciept from INS was reveived on 7/26/01. They indicated that I sould expect to be notified within 36 day for a date to be FPed and for a date to my interview. Yeah right.....dream on..

I called NSC in August and the lady said to discard the 36 day dream since it\'s not accurate. She also estimated that I could probably hear from the local office for my FPing somewhere in October. I sure hope so. But she said that she is not sure about her estimates. It\'s all at the local office\'s hands.
I don\'t know what else I can do but wait and hope :(

Good luck to you all and keep us informed.

Similar case

Me and my wife have our N400 PD 6/29/01 from NSC and i am from MI and have not heard about my FP notice yet.
Has anybody got a FP notice for PD around the same time.
Please let me know.
Thanks

TO 123 abc

from your email it looks like neither of you is a citizen. See, my wife is a US citizen. I filed my N400 right around that time (July 2001) I still did not get anything from them besides the receipt. Please keep me informed on your status and I will keep you informed on mine so we can track our cases.

Did you get anything from NCS after you submitted your N400 applications?

No Title

I am from Michigan too. I sent my N-400 in May 25, 2001. They received it on 29th of May.My FP date was october 23. NOw i am waiting for the interview call.
Thanks

Interview at Chicago

Hello,

I had my Naturalization interview at Chicago yesterday (11-8-01). The interview was a "breeze". I got called in for the interview about 20 mins after my scheduled time.

1. History/US Govt. exam - You are asked 10 questions (from the list of 100 Sample Q\'s that you can find at this website or other sites) and you have to answer 6 of them correctly.

2. english language exam: The office dictates an english sentence and would ask you to write and read it out.

3. Then you are asked to review a sheet that has Citizenship "Oath" language and asked as to whether you have any problems/reservations with the wording of the oath and can you take the oath if approved for US citizenship.

4. The officer than places you under Oath and reviews the information you had provided on the N-400 form that you had filed. You are given an opportunity to cahnge your name if you desire at this time.

5. I was not given a choice as to where I would like to attend the Oath Ceremony (at the INS offices or at a court near you place of residence). I was basically told to expect the letter from INS regarding the oath ceremony in another 30-60 days time.

6. The whole interview process took about 20-25 minutes.

Hope this information helps.
RJ

Chicago Interview Date

Recpt Date : MArch 21, 2001
Finger print date : July 14th 2001
Interview Date : Jan 8, 2002
(recvd interview letter on Nov 15th 2001).
Hope this helps.

No Title

I don\'t recollect all the questions. I answered the first 6 Q\'s that were asked to me. Since you are only required to answer 6 of possible 10 Q\'s, the examiner said I had passed the History/Civics exam when I had answered the first six Q\'s correctly.

Few of the Q\'s were Who was Martin Luther King Jr., Who said Give Libert or Give me death, What is the constitution.

If you have reviewed the 100 sample Q\'s available at this website or at other sites, you should have no trouble passing the History/Civics exam.

Good luck.

RJ

Rjay - Question for you

Thank for your help. I am going thru the list of 100 questions. Any Idea if they give naturalization certificate at Oath Ceremony or does it come by mail. If by mail, how long does it take because I need to apply for US passport. I am planning to go to India after getting US passport hence the questions.

No Title

I will answer the Q after I have attended the oath Ceremony.

I recd the notice for the oath ceremony on 11/23/01 for the ceremony that was scheduled for 11/20/01!!! (The notice was dated 11/14/01 and the postmark on the envelope is 11/19/01). The notice came from the Nebraska service center. I have written a letter to INS Nebraska to have the Oath ceremony rescheduled for another date.

Regards,
RJ

TO 123 abc

I also applied from michigan,my PD IS 7/6/2001 and so far nothing other than the notice of action dated 7/19/2001.please post if you get an appointment for FP.

Finally got notice for FP

I finally got the notice to do the FPing.

PD: 7/01
FP: Scheduled on 12/01

I wonder how long it would take for the interview.

Please let me know when you get called for the interview. Here is my email address:
immig2002@hotmail.com

FP DETROIT

Today received FP appointment.
N400 filed 7/03/01
PD 7/06/01,
FP 01/03/02.
Is there anybody got scheduled for interview recently please post the time line.

Naturalization Oath Ceremony at Chicago

Hello,

Finally took my naturalization oath on Monday 12/17. The ceremony at the US District court in Chicago D\'twn. took about 15 minutes. The letter from INS asked me to report at the court at 8:00 AM , but the ceremony in front of a District Court judge only started at 9:00 AM. From what I undersatnd, about 100 people took the oath on that day.

Receipt Date at NSC: January 26, 2001
FP: March 16, 2001 (I think that was the date, but it was in March)
Interview: Nov. 8, 2001
Oath ceremony: Dec. 17, 2001

I got my Cerificate of Naturalization right after the ceremony at the court.

Good luck.

RJ

N-400:: Time line for Detroit, MI

My Application Date: May 25, 2001
Finger Print Date: October 13, 2001

Haven\'t heard anything since then. Can anyone Please help me in this regard??
I want to know how long it may take to get the interview call (Approximately).
My E-mail address: m_akhter@hotmail.com
Thank you very much.
Zaman