N-400 Asylum Based Interview Experiences - 2022-2023

CaliVally

Hi Everyone,

Can you share any experiences you have had with n-400 interviews?

I will be submitting my N-400 2 weeks from now, and I cant help but feel extremely nervous for my next encounter with an immigration officer lol.

I have never been back to my native country/COP and the only time I had an altercation with any law enforcement was being arrested for driving on a suspended license . I have court documents to prove that it was stricken off and I was not convicted because the DMV had suspended it by mistake.

I did renew my COP passport back in 2016 before I was granted asylum, but this did not come up in the interview at all at the asylum interview back in 2017 so I assume this is okay?

I have seen very little posts about peoples interview experiences from their N-400 Interviews -- I would assume this is good news since they dont have to come back tot these forums looking for answers! :)

As long as your license case is concerned I think it will not effect the case, but renewing your passport during asylum process even till citizenship may raise a red flag. So, see what happens. Be prepared.

Submitted my N-400 Today, Online Form!

Immidiately I got a notification that my biometrics are being reused and they are actively reviewing my form! 1/11/24

CaliVally I also renewed my passport before I got my asylum approved. My lawyer assured me that was not a problem. He said only after being granted asylum you cannot renew your passport. I have a question for you: did you travel abroad while permanent resident? If so, how was it? Also keep us posted about your N-400 process! Can’t wait to file mine and become a citizen too! Best luck!