N-400 Application Withdrawal Process and It's impacts

dv02

Registered Users (C)
What are the negative impacts of withdrawing the N-400 application? Can an applicant re-apply anytime after the withdrawal of initial N-400?

Does anybody have a generic draft available of the N-400 withdrawal letter?

Thanks in advance.

What are the negative impacts of withdrawing the N-400 application? Can an applicant re-apply anytime after the withdrawal of initial N-400?

Thanks in advance.

Are you going to withdraw your N-400 application? When did you submit your N-400?

Why do you want to withdraw the N-400?
1) making mistakes on N-400? If so, you can tell the officer to correct/update your N-400 during the interview
2) traveling for a long time? If so, it is a bad idea. it would probably deny your N-400
3) being arrested/detaining for committing a crime? If so, you can withdraw, consult your immigration lawyer with knowledge of criminal laws.
4) applying for your N-400 too early? if so, it can reject your application and will return your application to you.
5) making a wrong decision to file based on marriage instead of 5 years rule? If so, you can request withdrawing it at INFOPASS appointment.

Please provide your details. we could guide you.

DV Arrest case with in 5 yr CIMT

Are you going to withdraw your N-400 application?

Why do you want to withdraw the N-400?

I have an incident of on domestic violence (dv) case against me within the last 5 yrs of CIMT. The outcome of the case was "Withheld Ajudication" with a probabtion of 1 yr with early termination and 26 week of Anger Management Class. At the time of final judgment of my case, I was not aware that this is considered as conviction for Immigration purposes. I completed the 26 weeks of classes and my probation was terminated early.

According to one of the attorneys, the 5yr CIMT starts from end of probation and the day of filing the N-400 application. Hence I wish to withdraw my current N-400 application now and file it again after I have cleared the 5yr CIMT period. I wanted to find out the impacts of the withdrawing my current N-400 on the second/future N-400 (which I will file in future, once I am out of the 5 yr statutory period).

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks in advance.

I have heard from attorney that you can not withdrow N-400.You have a choice of not showing up which automatically leads to Denial.

I have heard from attorney that you can not withdrow N-400.You have a choice of not showing up which automatically leads to Denial.

I'm pretty sure you can withdraw at any time - you just have to formally write to USCIS and request it. IOs have been known to even advise this directly to applicants in some situations.

You can withdraw your application via letter to your filling service center. You can also withdraw your application during the interview by requesting the withdraw to IO BEFORE (s)he begining the interview process and sworn statement. You do not have to give any specific reason for your withdraw. You can re-apply at later time. There is no impact to your future application.

Last edited by a moderator:
Withdrawing an N-400 application can impact your immigration status and future applications. It's crucial to understand the process and implications. Consult with an immigration attorney or the USCIS for guidance tailored to your situation. Generally, withdrawing can affect timelines for naturalization eligibility or require resubmission, impacting your overall immigration journey.