N 400 and Speeding-Help needed

rajtheking

Hi,
I have applied for naturalisation and I have my interview in 3 weeks time.I had a speeding ticket 2 years back and I paid the fine and took a defensive driving course.When i filed my N 400, i didn'tt know that I had to list speeding tickets also.I didn't contest the ticket in court but I took a defensive driving course and the ticket was dismissed.
So what do i do now? I have the defensive driving certificates.I also have a letter issued from dept. of public safety regarding my driving status which states that it is clear and that I have undertaken the Def. Driving course and there are no other convictions.So will these documents will be enough?Should I volunteer this info to the INS officer or wait till he asks me about it.
Please help me on this issue.I am really worried,Thank you.

rajtheking said:
Hi,
I have applied for naturalisation and I have my interview in 3 weeks time.I had a speeding ticket 2 years back and I paid the fine and took a defensive driving course.When i filed my N 400, i didn'tt know that I had to list speeding tickets also.I didn't contest the ticket in court but I took a defensive driving course and the ticket was dismissed.
So what do i do now? I have the defensive driving certificates.I also have a letter issued from dept. of public safety regarding my driving status which states that it is clear and that I have undertaken the Def. Driving course and there are no other convictions.So will these documents will be enough?Should I volunteer this info to the INS officer or wait till he asks me about it.
Please help me on this issue.I am really worried,Thank you.
Take all the documentation you have. If asked by the interviewing officer, tell them the truth. Also mention that since it was a simple speeding ticket, you didn't think much of it and didn't mention it on your application. Then provide them with whatever documents you have. And lastly, don't worry about this sort of thing too much.