• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

My (very fresh) interview experience

Trim79

Registered Users (C)
Hi! I had my interview today and I wanted to share the experience with you all. I'm from Barcelona, so I had to go to Madrid for the interview. I had my medical examination on Friday and today I picked up the results and I went to the embassy.

I arrived 30 minutes early, but a very nice lady let me in, guided me through security, took my phone and told me to take a number from the machine. Five minutes later they call me and asked for the documents. In my case: University title, birth certificate, police records, medical examination, and she also asked for the bank extract and proof of job experience.

Next step: paying the fee and waiting about 20 minutes until another lady called me again and started the actual interview. She made me promise I would tell the truth and took my fingerprints. Asked me what I intended to do once in the States and whether it was true that I had in the bank the amount of money stated in the extract.

Then she said that everything was all right, congratulated me, and explained that in a couple of weeks they would send my passport with all the documentation and information needed.

And that has been all! One hour tops!

Awesome - Felicidades!

By the way, interesting she asked for the bank extract. I remember you weren't sure about needing that - so good you had it. Do you mind me asking how much the statement showed that satisfied the CO?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you britismon!

The bank extract showed around 25.000€

Awesome - Felicidades!

By the way, interesting she asked for the bank extract. I remember you weren't sure about needing that - so good you had it. Do you mind me asking how much the statement showed that satisfied the CO?

Congratulations! I guess Barcelona's embassy has less traffic than Sydney because I waited a LOT longer than five minutes!

Congrats dear and thanks for sharing your experience.Good luck as you prepare for your next journey to the states.
Hi! I had my interview today and I wanted to share the experience with you all. I'm from Barcelona, so I had to go to Madrid for the interview. I had my medical examination on Friday and today I picked up the results and I went to the embassy.

I arrived 30 minutes early, but a very nice lady let me in, guided me through security, took my phone and told me to take a number from the machine. Five minutes later they call me and asked for the documents. In my case: University title, birth certificate, police records, medical examination, and she also asked for the bank extract and proof of job experience.

Next step: paying the fee and waiting about 20 minutes until another lady called me again and started the actual interview. She made me promise I would tell the truth and took my fingerprints. Asked me what I intended to do once in the States and whether it was true that I had in the bank the amount of money stated in the extract.

Then she said that everything was all right, congratulated me, and explained that in a couple of weeks they would send my passport with all the documentation and information needed.

Congratulations Trim79 !!
Was the interview conducted in english or spanish? Could you choose the language?
Thank you in advance.

Congratulations Trim79 !!
Was the interview conducted in english or spanish? Could you choose the language?
Thank you in advance.

The first part was in spanish. The second part was in english. I didn't ask if I could change language, so I don't know if it would have been a problem to do it in spanish.

Congratulation Trim, I had my interview on 1st of Oct and received the passport by mid of October.
Congratulation !!
Don't forget to pay the fee for the green card online. 160 USD for each

i thought bank statement isn't going to be needed..did you willingly gave it to them..like added it to your docs just in case or they requested for it??

This has been debated endlessly. It's always better to have it. It is entirely up to the CO's discretion to ask for it; different people at the same consulate may or may not be asked for one.

This has been debated endlessly. It's always better to have it. It is entirely up to the CO's discretion to ask for it; different people at the same consulate may or may not be asked for one.

Exactly. Bring anything you think might be needed to help your case - keep it in a separate pile from the required documents. It will be a security blanket for you, making you feel a bit less nervous. Nothing worse than being asked for a document you don't have with you, even if it wasn't on the required list of documents. Of course, you can send it in later if they need it but it'd be much better to just get it completely over with right there and then, and walk out knowing you're successful. It's quite euphoric.

In my case: University title, birth certificate, police records, medical examination, and she also asked for the bank extract and proof of job experience.

First of all congratulations Trim! :) Could you please advice what did you prepare as proof of job experience? Did you request a reference from your employer or does a simple job contract make sense?