my stamping experience in Detroit

rosebh

Registered Users (C)
i had an appt for 11am. I reached at 10:50am, i was called at 12:43pm. it took three mins or less, she asked for the approval letters, all old and recent EAD, AP's, I-94 and two passport photographs. and that was it. She stamped my passport and told me it could take a year or more for the plastic card. :)

resebh,

Congratulations, I think you will receive the plastic card within a month which is the latest time period.

What's the standard for Photo, can please give me any link which describes the latest requirements.

rosebh, when did you recieve your interview letter

rosebh said:
i had an appt for 11am. I reached at 10:50am, i was called at 12:43pm. it took three mins or less, she asked for the approval letters, all old and recent EAD, AP's, I-94 and two passport photographs. and that was it. She stamped my passport and told me it could take a year or more for the plastic card. :)

Hi There,
I'm also in detroit and this info will be very helpful.
1) When did you recieve your interview letter, I mean what was the gap between interview letter and actual interview
2) How long did it take to get the interview letter from date of transfer.
3) What document were required for ther interview.
4) Were you asked for the paystub

Please advise this would be very helpful.

clearwater said:
resebh,

Congratulations, I think you will receive the plastic card within a month which is the latest time period.

What's the standard for Photo, can please give me any link which describes the latest requirements.

Where did you get the info that card will be received within one month? I had my PP stamped on Jan 10, 2005 in Detroit too, but I have not seen any online tatus updated.

As for photo, you can go to any store, e.g. CVS to take one, it is not so critical.

Get It, can you reply

getit said:
Where did you get the info that card will be received within one month? I had my PP stamped on Jan 10, 2005 in Detroit too, but I have not seen any online tatus updated.

As for photo, you can go to any store, e.g. CVS to take one, it is not so critical.

Hi Get It,
1) When did you recieve your interview letter, I mean what was the gap between interview letter and actual interview

Damnit said:
Hi Get It,

Damnit,

You are confusing the interview with stamping. rosebh did not go for an interview, but only stamping.

stamping

dear damnit

i did not go for the interview,it was just for stamping that i went but just from my experience that i was observing while waitng for 1:45mins if they do not like what you have they ask you to come back with it. they did not reject any cases while i was waiting, you can hear the officers well since it is not a big waiting area.

as for photos i took it at Walgreen but in Detroit there is an immigration photo booth just next to their office, it is just double the price, i believe i heard $15 for two photos. they just want standard passport pictures. :)