My sister is abused in India, please help anybody

Nitin26

Please help, this is an urgent matter due to the involvement of abuse to my sister. I would really appreciate it if you can please help me.

My question is a little complicated, I need to tell you a story to ask my questions.
My Parents became green card holders in May 1995. Both of them went back to India as soon as they got their green cards because they had a daughter in India who could not come to the US because she was over 21 years of age. But before my father went back to India to look after his daughter he field Form I-130 (petition for alien relative) for his daughter, on May 9th 1995. The petition was approved on June 27, 1996. And my parents were back in India, they moved in India and never got the letter and my relatives here in the USA got the letter but did not realize the letter was an approval of the petition. Years go by and my sister got married had 3 children. Recently my mom became a citizen and wanted to apply for her daughter to come to the USA, but my farther didn’t become a citizen yet even though he is eligible to become a citizen. Now I have field his papers for citizenship.

To make a story short I was looking at some old papers on my sister and found the approval letter in an old file here in the USA. So I logged on to www.uscis.gov and did a “Case Status” check and the Petition was approved on June 27, 1996. Sadly my mother never applied for her in May 1995, only my father applied for her so I know if my mother applies for her now it will take like 8 years for her to come to the USA.

The question is, will the daughter be able to come right away once the father becomes a citizen, he filed for her in May 1995 and the petition got approved, but she was unmarried at that time and now she is married, will it carry over?

If the answer is yes to this question than is it possible to transfer this approval over to the mother of the daughter, to make the process faster since she is a citizen and is still married to the father who filed for his daughter in May 1995?

Please help

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit your title ASAP! :rolleyes:

Nitin26 said:
Please help, this is an urgent matter due to the involvement of abuse to my sister. I would really appreciate it if you can please help me.

My question is a little complicated, I need to tell you a story to ask my questions.
My Parents became green card holders in May 1995. Both of them went back to India as soon as they got their green cards because they had a daughter in India who could not come to the US because she was over 21 years of age. But before my father went back to India to look after his daughter he field Form I-130 (petition for alien relative) for his daughter, on May 9th 1995. The petition was approved on June 27, 1996. And my parents were back in India, they moved in India and never got the letter and my relatives here in the USA got the letter but did not realize the letter was an approval of the petition. Years go by and my sister got married had 3 children. Recently my mom became a citizen and wanted to apply for her daughter to come to the USA, but my farther didn’t become a citizen yet even though he is eligible to become a citizen. Now I have field his papers for citizenship.

To make a story short I was looking at some old papers on my sister and found the approval letter in an old file here in the USA. So I logged on to www.uscis.gov and did a “Case Status” check and the Petition was approved on June 27, 1996. Sadly my mother never applied for her in May 1995, only my father applied for her so I know if my mother applies for her now it will take like 8 years for her to come to the USA.

The question is, will the daughter be able to come right away once the father becomes a citizen, he filed for her in May 1995 and the petition got approved, but she was unmarried at that time and now she is married, will it carry over?

If the answer is yes to this question than is it possible to transfer this approval over to the mother of the daughter, to make the process faster since she is a citizen and is still married to the father who filed for his daughter in May 1995?

Please help

Nitin26 said:

Please help
Nitin26,

What a ^%&@#$ title! What a bullshit! Don't expect a reply on your post.

Mind your subject

Don't mislead people using inappropriate title. People will not be able to help you if you give them a chance to distract themselves.

This is not just basics of this board but followed universally. I guess my time to browse this board today is over. Hopefully, I read proper subject/issue combination tomorrow.