My RFE details........

tusker75

Registered Users (C)
RD 09/07/2001

RFE issued on Sept 19th.

Received notice from lawyer on 27th.

Details asked for were:

1. Employment letter stating, current designation, job responsiblities, annual salary and future employment intention.

2. 2001 Tax filings along with copy of W2.

3. Earnings Statements for the last month.

yes, let us know

Have you changed job. If yes, did you notify them about it.

Any other reason you think of, if not this one

What kind of company you work for?
Has your company had any mass layoff?

Did you use the company lawyer or your own lawyer?

No idea........

ms001/gcasap,

I did not change my job (so to say). Address change..........sure did.

I was with employer 'A' since filing my GC until Feb 2001. I had my approved I-140. Was let go coz of no project. I transferred H1 to company B. Was with them for 3 months or so. Did not get a pay stub. Then I joined company A again and filed my I-485 and been with them since then.

Do you guys think that might be the reason?

Anybody with double RFE's ?

dengdeng....

No mass layoffs..........but there were a few. Nothing like the one's I heard/read about. Not that many to ring a bell with INS.

Company lawyer.....

If you moved from company A to B and B to A ( 3 months period)
Did you mentioned in your I485 this transition.
IF not, just send documents , whatever you have.
If they ask you about this 3 months, You just take from your company A as vacation period for 3 month. ( I don't know, it works or not )

This is my only my anlysis after reading your RFE.

You can ask some experts in this site.

Good luck.

I have not received my RFE for past 7 work days

don't know what it is about yet.

I did not change my job and home address. So unfortunate.:(

First don't panic

Second consult lawyer. Prepare documents. Explain things clearly.

Third cross your fingers and pray.

Wish you good luck.

I did mention it in the I-485

about my transition........
I had asked my company's legal dept. about it and they said to mention it. Also it was before I filed for my I-485, so I think I should be fine..............:( ........shouldn't I ???????

I-140 was approved from company A..........and I understand that I-140 is portable to another company if company A does not revoke your GC application......

Any thoughts about it???????

I am scared now.........

People.........plz share your thoughts.......and advice.

Don't worry. U will be fine..

INS is issuing RFEs for lot people irrespective of job change, address change. They are asking for employment verification, last 2 years w2, and in some cases last 3 months pay stubs. That is like a andard RFE.

In you case, since they didn't ask you about switching companies, you don't need to worry. Jsut send the docs soon and wait for approval.

I have a friend who got approved from Nebraska last month has the same situation.

Thanks Sri_98

That was very heartning.......Some relief...
I was asked for only last years tax filings/W2, last months pay stub and employement letter..

btw after responding to RFE within how much time frame can one expect approval.........????

same boat

I have exactly the same RFE's to provide to INS (2001 tax return with W2, letter from employer on job status and details, and last months pay stubs). The RFE was issued on Sep 17th, my lawyer got it on Sep 23.

As someone else mentioned, they are issuing a lot more RFE than before (info from my company corp. lawyer too). By the way, I've been at the same company throughout, no address change, no rational reason for uncertainty, yet I got an RFE. I've dismissed it as minor temporary bad luck. I'm looking for a nice change sometime soon.

Rememebr..

GC is for Future Employment...

So UR change of Jobs from A to B and B to A...do not affect U....

So just send the docs...and Relax...

Thanks asdasd.......

I guess Sept filers are getting a lot of RFE's and that will be the case going forward.

No posts from sn2k etc...who had similiar RD's like mine and had been issued RFE....

Pl. share ur details.......