My Renewal AP is approved in 11 days

hog

Registered Users (C)
My renewal AP is approved in 11 days!! I wish it was my GC :D

I-485 receipt number WAC-02-083-5XXXX (Jan 2002)
receipt number for I-131 WAC-03-079-5XXXX

I sent out 1/8/2003 by UPS
Revecied by INS CSC 1/9/2003
The received date on notice 1/9/2003
T notice date on notice 1/10/2003
INS sent out notice 1/13/2003
I received notice 1/14/2003
Check cashed 1/13/2003

I attached:
Form I-131: Application for Travel Document
Copy of I-485 receipt notice
Copy of Photo Identification Documents (EAD)
Copy of Passport
Copy of Approved Travel Document (AP, which is my first one)
Copy of I-94 (last one)
Two photographs
Check payable to INS for $110
A covered letter

I renewal my second AP by myself since my attonery tried to charge me $100 this time. (which I kindly declined his help and showed him my middle finger :p )

As soon as I receive my AP, I will let you know the rest.

Good luck to all!!

Hog

Hi, Hog,
What is a covered letter? Does it explain the application reason? I want to renew my AP by myself. I don't know how to write it. Can you please give me some advice? Thank you in advance.

Thanks for the info, Hog ..

Please let us know when you hear about your EAD extension too .. if you did apply along with your AP ..

----------------------
WAC-020-80-XXXX

The same question here, Hog.

What did you use as a PO Box and Zip code in the mailing address?

Since I was using UPS, I didn't use PO Box address. According to my friend who's immigration attorney, she gave me the following address:

U.S. Department of Justice
Immigration and Naturalization Service
24000 Avila Road
2nd Floor, Room 2302
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677

However, on the envelope, you should state what kind of the application you are sending in. I believe it's good for most of the application.

Good luck.

Hog

I just received my renewal AP today. It's exactly 14 days after my renewal AP got approved! Good for another year, and it's multiple entry.

Good Luck!

Hog

AP approved ..

I rcvd my AP renewed today ..

Applied on Jan 2nd
Approved on Jan 21st
Rcvd on Feb 4th

Dunno about EAD .. neither abt 485 .. Does the new JIT report mean that everyone who applied before Nov 16th had their cases decided ?????

---------------
WAC 02080XXXX

Congratulations Hog!

Stupid INS instead of approving AOS so that you don't have to worry about AP, goes ahead and approves all these random documents this fast!

The speed of AP approval definitely suggests INs has nothing to do and is so bored is actually processing the paper work faster in places where the freeze has not affected them.

Silly Man,

Any updates on your EAD receipt/card?

I got mine and wife's AP approved in 10days.

WAC 03 081-5xxxxx

RD 1/13/2003

ND 1/15/2003

AD 1/23/2003

Wish 485 was like this:D

No, Eventually

Originally posted by eventually
.. Does the new JIT report mean that everyone who applied before Nov 16th had their cases decided ?????

NO IT DOES NOT :confused: :mad: :mad: !!!
My ND is Nov 7, 2001 and WAC02-033. Guess what - INS/CSC drives me f***ing CRAZYYYYY, man!

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys! I am worried

I have applied for AP in Dec., I got a paper receipt for $110(not the receipt notice) dated 12/12/02 from Los Angeles INS. I never got Receipt notice or approval. I talked to IIO today and he said he does not see my case in his system since I applied to local LA office not to CSC.

What can I do now? How do I contact LA office?

Please suggest.