My recent CP exp. in Islamabad.

ziqch

Registered Users (C)
I have posted my detalied immigration exp. in this thread :
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1806773#post1806773
I went for employer sponsored CP on Oct. 10th in Islamabad. My category was EB2. As understandable I was pretty apprehensive about the whole process esp. security clearance as I needed to get back for my job. Anyways the exp. was pretty nice and pleasant.
After getting our police certs. and medical certs. , we went for the interview. You have to take a shuttle from convention center to get to consulate. once inside, we had to wait for about 2 hours before our name was called, (our fees were paid at NVC, so we were not called to submit fees). First person we talked to was a pakistani, he was collecting documents, he asked for marriage, borth , police and medical certs. Then he asked for pics, really did not ask any questions, has us sign part 2 of DS-231 form, then asked us to be seated.
Again, we had to wait for about 2 hours, before the consulor called us, she was reallt pleasant and friendly. She asked me about my profession and job. SHe asked for my H-1 papers as I did not have H-1 stamped on passport which I showed to her. she asked how I was travelling since I did not have H-1 stamped. I told her I was using Advance parole. She did not go into details of that. she aksed for my medical degree which i showed her. Then she asked about my return flight, I told her it is in one week. The normal processing time for IV is 2 weeks without security clearance, I told her that I need to get back soon for my job. SHe thought about it for a min, then aksed me to come back next day to get our passports. which we did and got out IV stamped passports back next day. They also gave both of us two envelops with perforated triangle at the top, not to be opened but produced at port of entry.
POA was JFK on OCt. 20th, everything went well, immigration officer opened packet 4, stamped entry on our passports and packet 4, then directed us to a separate counter which deals with new immigrant. there we had to sign and right index finger prints were taken. Then we were told that we will get our green cards in mail in 4 weeks. Thats it, all done, no security cleanrace issue.
I will be follwoing htis thread for next 2-3 weeks, if anyone has any questions, please post then here and i will reply.
thanks for all the help i got from this site. good luck to everyone.

My advance parole was from pending I-485 based on NIW, so infact I was pursuing two tracks for immigration. CP was done based on labor cert.
Hope this helps.