My mom only had her Greencard for about 2 years, can she be my co-sponsor?Please help

triniqueen

Registered Users (C)
:confused: Hello, I have my interview in a few weeks, my hubby is laid off and have zero income, I need a co-sponsor, My mom is a green card holder ( she got her greencard a little for 2 years ago, she is married to a USC) can she be our co-sponsor? I know here husband file I-864 for her, so is she allow to be a co-sponsor?

If I recall a co-sponsor HAS to be an American citizen, so your mother can't. Would your mother's hubby be willing to be the co-sponsor?

cdnchris said:
If I recall a co-sponsor HAS to be an American citizen, so your mother can't. Would your mother's hubby be willing to be the co-sponsor?
That's not true. A green card holder also can be a sponsor. But, I am not sure about someone who was sponsored himself/herself. I guess she can as long as her income qualifies.

yes.... a co sponsor can be a US citizen or GC holder. Just make sure that her income would be sufficient. God Bless

Ah, yes. Double checking the instructions I see it can be either a citizen or GC holder. My bad.